Death Certificate Information UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Certificate Information UK

From the department of internal affairs, New Zealand you can purchase a printout copy of the registration of a death rather than a death certifcate. This contains far more information than is produced on a certificate.
    Is it possible to purchase the equivalent in the UK ,maybe from the Office where the death was registered or is the only document available a death certificate?
    Many thanks:p

For England and Wales the only doc available is the certificate, available either from the GRO or the local office where the event was registered- it is a copy of the registration entry so no more info would be available in any case. In Scotland I think you can purchase digital copies online which don't count as official certificates so cost a little less, but still hold the same info as the certificate.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Is there some particular info you are after that you dont think will be on the certificate? I only ask as I have been quite suprised at how much info was on some more recent death certs compared to ones I'd previously gotten for earlier deaths... (ie, 1980's compared to 1920's)

Comment

I am trying to find out about my OH's family whom emigrated from Brightside Bierlow, Sheffield to New Zealand, having changed the family name in the process! I ordered a death certificate for a William Glover who died in 1890 in Sheffield but it doesn't tell me where he was born, or his next of kin so it is difficult to decide if I have the certificate for the right man. I just wondered if there was any way of finding out some more information so I can tie up some loose ends.
        Neither of us has contacts in Sheffield at all so we don't have any local knowledge at all. I have tried the a couple of the sheffield cemetary online searches but so far nothing.
        Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X