FTM 2006 query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2006 query

Had my family tree on my old computer (Windows XP) on FTM 2006 before it died on me so lost my family tree.

Only just got around to reinstalling FTM 2006 on to new computer (Vista) and did the update as prompted. Started to add a few details, however I notice that now my family tree can only be exported as Acrobat PDF file. Can't even see that I can import an existing tree to it either.

I'm sure before, on my old computer, it was a GEDcom file.

I was wanting to import my Tree from GenesReunited (GEDcom) as it has over 900 individuals, but obviously can't do that now!

Does this mean that FTM 2006 is now useless to me and do I have to purchase a newer version or something else?
    teresa

To export as a GEDCOM
    FILE / EXPORT FILE
    Then choose either ENTIRE FILE or SELECT INDIVIDUALS
    Then when the file box pops up, choose GEDCOM (*.GED) in the File type drop down menu.

Maybe you are looking at a family chart which you have created, for example an Ancestor tree.
    If you then go to FILE / EXPORT ANCESTOR TREE - you only get the option of exporting in pdf format - which as far as I can remember has always been the same.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

I have no managed to import my complete family tree (including OH's) from GR as a GEDCOM so hopefully I can now export branches of it for others.
      teresa

Comment

Working...
      X