More School Photos Forest Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More School Photos Forest Gate

There are another couple of School photos in my great grandmothers posessions, unfortunately a bit more faded, but thought I would post them anyway, never know somebody might spot a relative!

In the boys photo one boy is holding the same book/photo as the ? in the girls, I am convinced it's of a woman with her head on her hand, leaning on her elbow..........
    And I love the photo of the tinies......:D

Comment

Well spotted Barbara, he is holding that same book isn't he..I wonder what on Earth it's siginificance was? Very strange.

Yes I love the second pic too, such a pity it has faded. The little loves have clearly been told to sit up straight with their hands behind their backs!

Comment

Richard the computer sys that this is scanned at 72
        If you can do it at 300 then we might be able to see more detail ~ it's quite pixellated when enlarged

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 03-06-09, 08:57.
        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Hello Rachel, thanks for the tweaked copy looks much better. The original is scanned at 300 (never scan below this). Maybe it's because it has been resized for this site? If you click on the full version it should be 300 dpi.

Comment

:( when I open it in Photoshop, computer says it's 72 ~ however if I change the res to 300 then the document size is tiny.

Did you scan at 100% scale ?

You can see how pixellated it is in the enlarged pic
            ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I'm wondering whether photobucket resize them when you upload there, as the full image on my first post when save back to my computer is around 65 kb, yet the original which I uploaded to photobucket is double that. Unfortunately I cannot post that here as an attchment as it is too big for the forum limit.

Comment

Richard if you have the size option on PBucket set to the maximum (free account would be 1 megabyte) then there should not be a problem

Comment

Aha..think that may be it Rachel mine was set at reduce to 1024x768 (17" screen)

I've uploaded it again with the 1 meg file size max option set. Should now be full size:

Comment

Looking at it know..I think he is just holding up a sign with 'iv' on it..Class 4 Perhaps? They look like they'd be 8 or 9 so makes sense. Perhaps that is same with the girl in the other pic.

Comment

That's a lot better although it is still pixellated ~ if you wanted to rescan it I'd suggest upping the scale to 150% or 200%

Here's the boy again ~ looks like the no 1V on his book

Ah ~ just noticed your last post :D

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 03-06-09, 11:51.

Comment

Class 4!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X