look up please on immigration records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look up please on immigration records

Please could someone look up my great grandfather and his brother William Haywood b 1864 Edinburgh and Walter Haywood b 1867 India. I think they arrived at Liverpool from India as I have been checking on Ancestry but haven't got world membership so cant find the dates. the time range is 1867 to about 1880 as i have them back in Edinburgh in 1881 census. If you do find them is there anyone else with them - I was told both their parents died out in India ie John and Mary Haywood and the lads were shipped back home to cousins.
    thank you very much for looking.
    Angelina

HI

Just curious. Who were the boys parents and what do you know about them (the parents that is)?
    WendyP

Comment

HI

Sorry just re-read your post and you gave the names of John and Mary
      WendyP

Comment

john haywood was a coachman born england I think and married first wife in scotland she then died or he dumped her -cant prove either - and he 'married' mary stewart - cant prove that either and he went to india as master of horse to nizam of hyderabad with eldest son john junior and william. walter born in india. parents died and william and walter shipped home to edinburgh (story told by william to his children) john junior stayed in inidia and died there we think.
        john senior never put anything in writing and is 'elusive'!!!!!
        Angelina

Comment

Can't see them on Ancestry - unfortunately the incoming passenger lists begin in 1878.

Comment

Mary i found a william and a walter haywood on ancestry immigration lists but because i dont have the world wide membership i cant see what years they arrived in liverpool so dont know if they are mine. can you find them between 1878 and 1881 coming into liverpool. i know they were on 1881 scottish census please please please?
            Angelina

Comment

I cannot see Walter or William Haywood on any immigrations lists into England, prior to 1881.
              Elaine

Comment

thanks so much for looking for me - i am stuck but at least i know someone else has tried too.
                thanks again very much
                Angelina

Comment

I did a date-restricted search on the TNA QuickSearch for [nizam hyderabad] and got 8 hits - without the name Haywood:
                  TNA QuickSearch Results

There might be something about the family in one of those?

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I will whizz off there now thank you very much
                    Angelina

Comment

Working...
                    X