Ancestry Error:500 message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry Error:500 message

Can anyone help on this system glitch please?

From AncestryLibrary, I have 'shared' 6 or 7 census pages with my own email account (separate emails for each). However, when I try to read them, I can retrieve the last two, but I get the following error message for the rest.

"PLEASE EXCUSE THE INCONVENIENCE.
    We’re sorry but this page or feature is temporarily unavailable. We are undergoing maintenance or resolving some errors. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience at this time. Please try this page again shortly, or try one of the links below."

Having Googled this, it is obvious that it is a catch-all error which doesn't actually mean what it says! I have tried deleting cookies and caches (suggestions for similar problems) but still get the same problem.

Is there a limit on the number of pages Ancestry let you send this way?

Has anyone else ever come across this and solved the dilemma?

I once forwarded some census pages to a rellie in Australia and I think it let me send about 6 before he got a message about joining Ancestry and was unable to receive any more pages. It was some time ago so I can't remember the exact details.

Comment

Originally posted by modem View Post
      I once forwarded some census pages to a rellie in Australia and I think it let me send about 6 before he got a message about joining Ancestry and was unable to receive any more pages. It was some time ago so I can't remember the exact details.
      Thanks Modem.

I've 'shared' a couple of odd pages previously, so maybe it keeps track somehow! Although, it has let me read the latest two. You'd have thought it blocked those AFTER a certain number.

Ah well, it was worth a try.

Comment

Working...
      X