Photos problems, help needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos problems, help needed please

Some of my photos disappeared. Was lucky enough to have saved them on my external hard drive.

I have got them back onto Picasa but not onto My Pictures. The folders are there and named but when I click on them there are no photos in the file.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Linda

Off to work today..hoping that some whizz kid can have given me some ideas by tonight....fingers crossed

Thanks

Linda

Comment

What's the size of the "empty" folder, right click on it and select properties to find out
      Best Wishes
      Ron
      www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Hi Ron,

It says Size 111KB (113,764 bytes) Contains 3 files and 1 folder

Thanks

Linda

Comment

If it has a size 111kb there must be something in the folder, not a lot though, can you see anything at all when you open the folder by double clicking on it.
          Best Wishes
          Ron

Comment

Hi Ron,

No nothing at all when I double click on them. I have quite a few like that all have some KB in them but can't see the pictures

I am pretty hopeless with computers but how come when I switch on my external hard drive they are all in Picasa but not My Pictures?

Hope this makes sense!

Linda

Comment

Have you looked to see if they are on the external hard drive? Picassa does not store the photos in it's program, it just shows a thumbnail of each image.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Windows has a stupid default option that hides some files, they may be hidden.

Open My Computer, click on Tools, then Folder Options, View Tab, Put a tisk in "Show Hidden Files and Folders" click okay.

That might sort it but if it don't you will just have to put the photos back into the folder from the external drive, it will only take a few minutes to do this.
                Best Wishes
                Ron

Comment

Hi Ron,

I did that but still no luck.

Next question is how do I get them into my folders from the external hard drive?

Your help is very much appreciated

Linda

Comment

Open a window so that you can see the folder you want them in then make that window smaller by clicking on the middle square sign in the top right of your screen. Then open your external hard drive and do the same, you now have 2 windows open, drag the windows so that you can see both folders, the one that you want them in and the one that's got them in, you can now open the picture folder on the external, select all the pictures on the external and then click on one of them and drag and drop the lot onto the top of the folder you want them in, which you can see in the other window.
                    Best Wishes
                    Ron

Comment

Can't thank you enough Ron

Regards

Linda

Comment

My pleasure. Seeing as you live in Kent you can pop into the family history fair on Sunday at Maidstone and buy me a cuppa :0)))
                        Best Wishes
                        Ron

Comment

Hi Ron,

At a BBQ on Sunday (weather is supposed to be dreadful) or I would definitely do that.

Thanks again for you help

Linda

Comment

Well that's it then, if it's no good for a barbie you might as well go to the fair :0)))) at least it's indoors.
                            Best Wishes
                            Ron

Comment

Working...
                            X