Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone find the Trotman family in 1861 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find the Trotman family in 1861 ?

Could new eyes help find this family for me please.

William Trotman born approx. 1825 ish. in Berkley Glos. His wife Julia/Juliana born approx. 1828 in Orcop Herefordshire.

I have the family in 1851 living at Mount Pleasant, Orcop. Mistranscribed as Tratman.
    The family are living at Garway Hill, Orcop, in 1871 and again in 1881.

I haven't been able to find the family in 1861 any ideas ?

If I don't reply straight away I'm trying to find the floor in my daughters bedroom after half term :(
    Julie

Smile, it confuses people.

There is a Wm Trotman b Berkley, Glos in the 1861.
    Has date of birth as c 1828.
    He is in the Royal Navy on the vessell Algiers.
    Could this be him??

RG9
    Last edited by herky; 01-06-09, 11:12.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Was he in the Navy? Class: RG9; Piece: 4441; Folio: 313; Page: 40
      Wm Trotman 33 bn 1828 Berkley. Algiers. Still single
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

There is a Julia Hannah Trotman who died in 1888, b c 1827.

3rd quarter 1888 age 61.
        Hereford county
        vol 6a
        page 266
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Julie - can't help you directly, but have you looked for other Trotmans in the GEDCOM database? I have a link to a Trotman family from Alverstoke, Hampshire who then moved to Sunderland. There is at least one Trotman who's a member of FTF and others who are members of GR.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
            I had found the sailor chappy, but had discounted him as William was an indentured shoemaker, and also very much married with children.
            The Julia Hannah death is indeed the right Julia.
            I've just come back to the Trotmans so I will bear the GEDCOM in mind.
            I think that I will have to just check the 1861 census for Orcop page by page and see if they have been mistranscribed.
            Julie

Smile, it confuses people.

Comment

Hi Julie

A second cousin of mine has a grandmother who was Elizabeth May Trotman. She was born 9 Oct 1864 in Welford on Avon, Gloucestershire. Her father was John Trotman, a labourer.
              She is on the gedcom on this site in my tree as she married a brother of my great grandmother.

My second cousin isn't a member of this site but I can put you in touch with him if you pm me your email addy. He is in Canada.

Comment

Working...
              X