1911 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census

Since yesterday, I cannot access the 1911 census, except their homepage. Every time I put in a search it comes back "Please enable cookies" - can any body help ?

I have set my "privacy" level to medium as they recommend, emptied my temporary internet files and cookies, all to no avail. I have restarted my computer several times, but I cannot do even a simple name search.

I also emailed them, but being a weekend, did not get any sensible reply yet, just a questionnaire which I duly filled in and sent back last night.

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

How to Enable Cookies

try this site

Comment

It may be a localised problem with your internet connection or your internet browser. We recommend restarting your computer and browser, and also pressing the CTRL and F5 key together (which will “clear your cache”)

and this

Comment

I tried that page, Val with no luck, emptied my cache several times. I can not understand what changed between Friday and Sunday, I did not change any settings on my computer !!

I can look at every other page on the 1911 website, it just won't let me do any searches.
        Last edited by dicole; 01-06-09, 05:36.
        Diane
        Sydney Australia

Comment

Diane, would it be worth trying a system restore to Friday?
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Well, Gillian, I guess i could do that. I think I will wait for a response from the site first and see what they suggest.
            Diane
            Sydney Australia

Comment

Knowing next to nothing about computers Diane, system restore is my first port of call when anything starts behaving oddly on mine lol

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. It must be very frustrating!
              Gillian

Comment

I have received a reply from the findmypast team - their suggestion to check the date and time set on my computer solved the problem. For some reason someone, possibly me, when I was checking dates, had set the date at 2 July, so that upset the system

Now the problem is solved
                Thanks for your suggestions

Di
                Diane
                Sydney Australia

Comment

really Diane as simple as that ummm must remember that myself

Comment

Yes, I think I changed the calendar when I was checking dates of coming events at home - accidentally left it on the wrong month !! Next time I will go and look at the one on the wall.

So Gillian's idea of using a system restore point was probably pretty right - if I had restored to Friday, it might have reset the calendar to the correct date.

Thanks everyone
                    Diane
                    Sydney Australia

Comment

Wow - can't believe I might have actually been right for once - especially about a computer problem too !! :D:D

Glad it is sorted Diane.
                      Gillian

Comment

Word to the wise, just (finally) got my computer up and running correctly (and quickly) again and after months of trying every suggestion under the sun we finally got a friendly computer whiz to come round and would you believe, the monitor cable was kinked where it connected to the back of the tower (so many times of taking the tower in and out) and this had fatally damaged the monitor connection. A trip out to buy a new monitor and hey presto ! So when you are bad tempered 'cos it just doesn't do what you want - don't shove the tower back too hard ! I'll certainly remember that in future.
                        Alison

Comment

Working...
                        X