Lost on 1911 Margaret Ann BROWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost on 1911 Margaret Ann BROWN

Can anyone find my missing grandmother on the 1911 please ?
    She married in Rochdale Lancs in 1911 and married from Cornfield St Milnrow, the home of her sister. She is not living there at the time of the Census. I remember her telling me she worked as a domestic servant on Dale Street Milnrow before she was married.
    She was called Margaret Anne (Annie) BROWN born Hadley, Shropshire in 1885She was not at home in Shropshire in 1911 and I can't seem to find her anywhere. A few Margaret Annes or Annies come up but not the one I am searching for. I found my grandfather who was born in Saddleworth, Yorks, in Blackpool, and his parents in Stretford Manchester. Used up all my credits searching, but will buy more if I can find her.
    Grateful for any help
    Thanks goodyg.

I tried Annie Brown and shropshire as p.o.b and there are 2 possibles!

Comment

Thanks Tessie, have tried those and they are not mine, I have just tried Dale Street and the number would have been either 65 or 67 but they do not show up VERY FRUSTRATING.

Comment

The address search needs to be a bit "vague" I've found, I did a search on just Dale Street, lancashire and loads come up, with Rochdale there are 2 pages but they on go up to 30 so play around a bit and you might find something. Will go and have a look again too.
        Clare

Comment

I'm still looking!

But as an aside have just seen two shocking typos in names

RICHRAD, preseumably Richard?
          KOATIE presumably katie

with a surname like Brown finding them could be hard unless you knew who they were with!
          Clare

Comment

when did she marry in 1911 are we searching for her single or married name ???

Comment

Hi,

There's a MARGRET Ann Brown age 27 in Manchester.

And a Margaret Brown in Fylde, maybe they were both in Blackpool?
              Last edited by Guest; 31-05-09, 21:06.

Comment

They married in Nov 1911., so she would still be under Brown. I have managed hurrrah ! to bring up all Dale Street so I will buy some more credits tomorrow , if she is not there will definately take a look at the Blackpool one. Thanks everyone for your help.

goodyg.;)

Comment

how did you manage that then I coudn't

Comment

Working...
                  X