Railway Engine Driver Artisan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railway Engine Driver Artisan??

As a Artisan is usually I thought somebody that makes things ?? is it likely for a Railway Engine Driver to call himself one ????
    Thanks

doubt it, where have you seen such a reference??

on a census return??
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi Julie on his daughters marriage cert she says thats his occupation .
      There are two very similar familes one born and lived in Ireland another the Irish born Father went and married In Nevada and had a daughter with the same name ??
      I'm trying to pinpoint which one

Comment

an artisan is a skilled manual worker so I suppose at a push it might be a description, but steam train drivers were considered a cut above that.....

Comment

thanks Barbara I have been going into it further and I'm almost positive hes mine

Comment

Engine Drivers in Ireland were the elite after the landowners! They even lived in better houses and elite districts and you know by the place they lived whether they were engine drivers or not! I have several in my family all living in the same area of Cork City and whenever I have come up against anybody researching Irish history on the internet as soon as you mention certain addresses they know that these addresses were those of engine drivers! One of mine has his photograph in a book on Blackpool, a district of Cork City. I had to buy the book to get his photo!

Janet

Comment

oh wow Janet tell me more ??? the kids were born in Cork City what about 23 Great George's Street ???? thanks

Comment

Working...
              X