Pallots marriage index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pallots marriage index

I am trying to find a marriage before 1837, is Pallots worth a go and how good is it?
    Thanks
    Tessie

i think it is a free index on ancestry yes? if i was you i would just search it. its mainly london registers, but does include other counties too. it mostly just gives the names and date of the people who were married.

Comment

is there anyway of finding essex marriages for before 1837 do you know?

Comment

i think some essex registers are there, i also think some of huntingdon was it was mentioned? ill have a look for you.

Comment

from ancestry.com: "About Pallot's Marriage Index for England: 1780 - 1837
          Pallot's Index to Marriages covers all but two of the 103 parishes in the old City of London, England. Information available includes: spouses names, marriage date and parish of marriage. The dates span the time from 1780 to the onset of General Registration in 1837. The more than 1.5 million marriage entries come mainly from London and Middlesex, but also include entries from 2500 parishes in 38 counties outside of London-many not available in other sources. Also included are several records from counties in Wales."

here is the link: Search Pallot's Marriage Index for England: 1780 - 1837 - Ancestry.co.uk

you may need at least credits to view the counties, unless you specify essex.
          have you tried freereg for essex?

Comment

this link has part of the index in it:
            Index2

i cant seem to find much else im afraid.

this link mentions some counties:

but not many, and not essex im afraid.
            Last edited by kylejustin; 30-05-09, 16:03.

Comment

thanks, a great help!!

Comment

Have you tried FreeReg? Some of Essex has been transcribed. You may be lucky.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

also, the igi has some of essex, but i suspect youve been there already.
                  have you tried the ancestry parish records?

Comment

Do you have any idea which parish(es) or dates? It's possible the Essex Family History Society might have compiled an index. I did get one family history society to do a search of all marriage registers with name occuring as bride, groom or witness, for just £2.
                    ~ with love from Little Nell~
                    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

kylejustin- i have tried the igi, yes.
                      wendy- will have a look now
                      little nell- found the essex family history and a form to download and print and they will search! will try free reg first!

Comment

Working...
                      X