Ancestry.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.co.uk

I have just received an e-mail from ancestry offering me half price membership on ALL levels. My subs ran out on the 1st May. I will of course take them up!!
    Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

That is a brilliant discount!

Maybe they have been feeling the pinch as people are cutting down on such "luxury items" combined with people not renewing because of the price hikes.
    Clare

Comment

If they do read here, I'd like to know when they are going to finally update the Army Service Records. I'm sure I'm not the only one with P,R+S, Ancestors who feels like they've been waiting forever now!

Comment

That IS good news!! well done Rita and Bob!!
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I got one too and I have never ever been offered discounted Ancestry, even if I phoned they used to laugh at me. I might get myself a worldwide for a year at that price! :D

Does anyone know if I get a world wide do I get the LMA records too?

Comment

hmmmmmmmmm .... wonders why I've not had this offer ?????

nips off to check email ~ NO nothing there!
            Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 30-05-09, 10:03.
            Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

MMMMnnnnn, waiting, waiting - when's it my turn pleeese?

I would definitely jump at that offer, so fingers crossed they get to me soon.

Although if it is anything like the Army records then it will be a long wait as I am down at the end of the alphabet too............................sulks:(

Comment

Oh bother !
                I re-joined in February using the OZ link ~ which was a really great deal at the time :D

Here's the link for 'ancestry.co.uk' 50% discount
                It ends on 30th June

- Ancestry.co.uk
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I wish they'd do this for upgrades, too! I'd like to upgrade to Worldwide to do some US research, but I can't really justify the expense at the moment. If I upgrade, I'll get an A$56 refund against £155.40.
                  Last edited by lorry53; 30-05-09, 10:09.
                  Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

My sub. expires later this month, so I'll check that I'm not on automatic renewal. That's the sort of offer one doesn't turn down.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

My sub doesn't run out till November, but as I am wanting to upgrade anyway,would I be able to get on while this offer lasts does anyone know? It does sound too good to be true.
                      (I would be on automatic renewal in November, but had planned to upgrade then, if not before, if I could)

Comment

My sub runs out tomorrow and have decided not to renew at the moment as it has gone up in price so much.

It seems a lot of us on here are having to think twice about renewing so perhaps they are losing a lot of people.

As of Monday I will be looking for an e-mail from them!!

Lets hope we all get a good deal.
                        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Lin

Just use the link

- Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

My Sub runs out in August but that offer is too good to be true so will consider it might give them a ring about it.

Thank you.

Regards
                            Jill

Comment

Just rang Ancestry and this offer is only available if you have received this e mail from them. was told there is no way that you can get this 50% reduction UNLESS you have personnally received this from them.

Seems somewhat unfair for those of us that have been members for many years.

My sub runs out on 14th June - will I get this e mail??

Comment

I got an e-mail from Ancestry about the offer. I use the 'pay as you go' credits now and then and I used the 2 week free trial a while back

defo gonna take up the offer
                                researching
                                Lingham (Sussex/Kent)
                                Hayes (Kent)
                                Gudgeon (Lancashire)

Comment

I cancelled my sub about a year ago and haven't heard anything from them since, so I've just gone in and fiddled about on the site and looked at my profile etc. to make sure that all my details are correct - hopefully that will produce some results ...... but knowing my luck :(

Margaret
                                  Margaret

Comment

I received it, despite the fact I am currently a member anyway (albeit the .au site). Had I not had the Oz subscription probably would have gone for it, if nothing else, to see the London records through the 53 pound package.

Not too upset though to be honest I suspect there will be more deals like this in the future anyway, as they are overpriced in my opinion, and their service quality has dipped noticably over past year, ie. lots of unsatisfied customers, many leaving them and telling all and sundry about it openly on boards such as this, so I can't see them surviving in the marketplace otherwise, especially with the competition around them such as FMP ever improving hot on their heels.

These 'half price' offers actually presents pretty much what I personally think their website is worth and should be sensibly priced at in the first place...but alack 'tis my humble opinion alone.

Comment

What a sensible fellow you are Bob, I rarely think about contacting these people by e-mail, so I've done it and have been told that they are experiencing a high volume of e-mails (Iwonder why?) and I'll have to wait until Wednesday for a reply - the thought of saving all that money will make me fairly patient!

Margaret
                                      Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                                        These 'half price' offers actually presents pretty much what I personally think their website is worth and should be sensibly priced at in the first place...but alack 'tis my humble opinion alone.
                                        Trust me, Richard, you're not alone in your opinion!
                                        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Working...
                                        X