1911 Census Ireland - new Counties added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census Ireland - new Counties added

Just went in to check something and found they have added some new counties - Cork, Donegal, Galway, King's County and Wexford are the new ones I think.

National Archives

Thanks Margaret,

Off to have a look

Linda

Comment

Thank you Margaret. They did say they would have them online by the end of May and they just made it!! Have now found my father's family in Co Offaly so have correct order of births for all children. Brilliant.

Janet

Comment

Donegal, Margaret......:D

Comment

I have not found my great grandmother and an uncle who should be on here in Cork City so I suspect that not all of Cork City are on here yet so if you cannot find people for Cork City be patient!!

I know they should be there because I found the census in Dublin National Archives for both of them.

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 30-05-09, 13:04.

Comment

Donegal, Margaret......

Did I miss something Barbara? Not with it this morning - stayed up half the night searching the site and still didn't find who I was looking for!! How many ways can you mis-spell Devlin?

Comment

Margaret, It was just a squeal of pleasure......:D, and I sympathise, in my tree I have Hatricks and Nimicks, the misspellings can be strange indeed....;)

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                I have not found my great grandmother and an uncle who should be on here in Cork City so I suspect that not all of Cork City are on here yet so if you cannot find people for Cork City be patient!!

I know they should be there because I found the census in Dublin National Archives for both of them.

Janet
                I had a family like that, found them elsewhere but couldnt find them on line here in Cork, so I tried browsing places and found them that way. Who ever filled the forms out put the surnames where the first names should have been and vice versa :D so If I put the names in the wrong boxes they come up straight away. It's worth browsing and double checking as these are some of the best transcriptions I've seen. Still some mistakes, as Great Granny was mis transcribed but on the whole 10 times better than Ancestry or FMP could do.

Comment

oh thanks Margaret have found Aunties mother with her family in Cork yipee she will be thrilled, and they had 7 windows too lol

Comment

can somebody give me the site for ordering Irish Certs please have lost it

Comment

Peppie

Thanks for that but have now tried everything I can think of and still not coming up! Whole areas of Cork City appear to be missing!! Just my luck!:(

Val,

You order them through Roscommon.

Janet
                      Last edited by Janet; 30-05-09, 14:59.

Comment

thanks very much Janet

Comment

Still waiting for Co Armagh/Tyrone area then I may finally gain headway on my Irish side.
                          Proud to be connected to Elizabeth (Marjorie) Griffin, one of over 100,000 British Home Children sent from United Kingdom to Canada & Australia to begin a new life.

Comment

Working...
                          X