military genealogy.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military genealogy.com

Does anyone have access to military genealogy.com?

I think they have a record relating to my uncle but i don't really want to subscribe just for one thing,

Anyone,please.
    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

You could try "world war 2 talk" of if WW1, "great war forum" free sites with ex military offering advice.

Comment

If I remember rightly, you just buy a few credits on that site rather than a subscription, don't you?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Yes, just checked and if you mean Military Genealogy :: Family History, Family Tree, Ancestry, War Casualty Records then you can buy £5 worth of credits.
        KiteRunner

Comment

I think most of the databases on Military Genealogy :: Family History, Family Tree, Ancestry, War Casualty Records are also available on Findmypast - might be worth checking to see which is the cheapest.
          Elaine

Comment

Not sure whether that link you posted up is to the same site, Elaine, because I can't get the link to work! But the title it has put in to your post doesn't look as though it would be the same site because www.military-genealogy.com is UK stuff not USA.
            KiteRunner

Comment

My fault - have redone the link - I was typing it in (rather than copying and pasting) and missed the hyphen out in the url, which took it to a different site!
              Elaine

Comment

Ah, right. Yes, most of those databases are on findmypast as well except perhaps the Waterloo one?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Oops, just noticed findmypast even has the Waterloo medal roll too.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

If it's on Ancestry, you can of course access for free through your local library.....as I have found to my great pleasure....:D

Comment

Only if your local library has a sub to it.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Thankyou all for your help.

It was WW2,at the moment i don't have findmypast,ancestry or any subs,but,my local library has ancestry so should be worth an hour of my time i think.

I know one of my uncles was a tank driver and spent some time as a POW,this one is still a bit unknown though.

Thanks again.

Comment

I don't think it will be on ancestry.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                            I don't think it will be on ancestry.
                            Just checked,and unfortunately your right.

However one bit of good news i found him on FindMyPast,he's on the WW2 roll of honour,father's day's coming up so i'm going to see if if my good woman will treat me to a subscription,it looks like i may find quite a few bits and bobs on there.

Comment

Working...
                            X