No announcement yet.

Cyrus Harold Wilson - did he emigrate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus Harold Wilson - did he emigrate?

Going to have to request some kind soul to look up some info for me, as I only have the Essential Membership for ancestry, which won't let me read the entries in detail.

I have an idea of being told that Cyrus Harold Wilson, born abt 1902 in Northumberland emigrated to either Australia or Canada and there are rather a lot of C Wilsons who were passengers over the years. He was only 9 in the 1911 census and living in Hull with the rest of his family, but I'd like to know what happened to him. MTIA.

You could go on findmypast to look at the passenger lists for people leaving the UK on there. The search is free - you only pay if you want to look at the transcription or image of an entry. I can't see a matching Cyrus on there but he could be listed as C H Wilson.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks, think its something that will have to wait until I am feeling a bit wealthier. At least now I am some idea of where to look.

Comment

Like I said, you can search for free on findmypast anyway and the results of the free search might give you a clue.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

One thing I am unsure about, are the lists for all outgoing vessels alphabetical, or do they do so many and tack more voyages on the end? There are quite a few C H Wilsons and even if you take out the earlier voyages, I would have thought he would have been too young to go before WW1 therefore would have flown the coup in the early twenties. As a child my Mum remembers Cyrus being spoken of but never met him (unlike his twin), therefore that leads me to deduce that he could have gone in the early 1920s.

Comment

Would appear that I hit on the right one straight away. It woulkd appear that left Liverpool bound for Canada in 1920, as he is the only CH Wilson that fits the bill. I looked through the C Wilson's and rejected them as they were far too old.

Comment

There's a Cyrus Wilson (no second name given) in the NSW deaths 1918. Father was Timothy.

Couple of marriages as well.

The Registry was formed in 1856 to register life events in New South Wales accurately and securely for all time, ensuring their integrity and confidentiality. All our over the counter services are available at Service NSW centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                There's a Cyrus Wilson (no second name given) in the NSW deaths 1918. Father was Timothy.

Couple of marriages as well.

NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages
                Wouldn't have thought that would be the right Cyrus, as mine was born 1900 in Northumberland, England and his Dad was called Arthur.

Comment

Working...
                X