do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think?

i was just reading the twins thread.....and realised my ancestor has the time recorded on his birth cert. no big deal right? i mean you could just have a thorough registrar. but i checked anyway, and in the same area, on the same page is another child. do you think they're twins?

john morton and mary ann morton registered jun 1842, strand, london.
    vol 1, page 363. john is my 3rd great grandfather.

then there's this: mary anne moreton ch-15 aug 1843, st anne soho, westminster. daughter of richard and mary morton. she's not lump christened like the others i think are her sibs, but she may have been sick, and christened quickly.

and this: deaths sep 1843, strand. mary ann morton

the children christened in marylebone on the igi, belong to richard morton and mary caplin, married in 1822 at newgate.
    the children christened in westminster are the chidren of richard william morton and mary wyatt, married in lambeth in 1828.
    john is the son of the latter.

so is this looking plausible as the daughter of richard william and mary, twin sister of john?
    or could she be from an entirely, different coincedental family?
    i dont think that she is the daughter of richard and mary caplin, because the richard william morton death in 1840 seems to be him.
    Last edited by kylejustin; 27-05-09, 07:28.

Looks quite likely to be the twin sister of your John, but do bear in mind that in the early days of civil registration some registrars did put the time of birth on even for singleton births.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

i will keep that in mind though kate.

Comment

Working...
      X