No announcement yet.

Where are the LEY family in 1841/1851?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the LEY family in 1841/1851?

Hi,

I can't find this family in either census.

Richard and Ann LEY, with daughter Elizabeth Ann LEY, born 1840 in Lanlivery, Cornwall. I have no clue as to where Richard is from, but his father is John. Ann is from Helland parish in Cornwall, father Charles. They married in 1840 in Lanlivery, both quoting the parish as their abode, but I have checked baptisms, and Richard is not from there.

Anybody got eagle eyes?
    Pauline
    xx
    OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
    www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

In 1841 a possibility

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 145; Book: 4; Civil Parish: Lanlivery; County: Cornwall; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 20; Page: 14; Line: 13; GSU roll: 241267.

This Richard a 20 year old 'ag lab' born in the County but not with any relations.

Comment

Another possibility 1851

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2188; Folio: 163; Page: 2; GSU roll: 87195.

The names fit but this Ann comes from Sussex, I think ?

Comment

There is also an extracted IGI Record covering the marriage and showing Ann's maiden name of Perry and father Charles.

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Alan. I have discounted the one in 1841 as I believe he goes on to marry Mary Cullis in 1847, and she just happens to be living next door to him in 1841. He is a bachelor when he marries her.

The 1851 census looks interesting. I will follow that one up further.

I do know that Ann's father is Charles, and her baptism is listed on the Cornwall OPC website as from Hellland.
          Pauline
          xx
          OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
          www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

Working...
          X