Problem viewing image listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem viewing image listing

I have just snagged and resized some images for the POW project but when I open the folder to view them I cannot see the image icon - I have just got a 'double line' above the filename. The image is there - if I click on the 'double line' the image opens.

No idea why one image is showing and the others aren't! Any ideas what I have done? :o

Elaine

Are they all the same file format?

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Yes they are all jpg files.
      I'm only having this problem viewing files that I resized yesterday using Faststone Image Viewer - I have done this hundreds of times before (as you can see by checking how many images I have uploaded to the wiki ) and have never come across it before.
      Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I am far from the expert as you know! Have you tried to resize these images back to original? It is just possible that the images have been reduced to such a small icon in error.
        I find that if I use Paint I can usually resize most images.
        Sorry for all this 'waffle' just trying to return some of your kind help.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Margaret. I don't think that is the problem as the average file size is about 110kb - which is a reasonable file size for uploading to the wiki. I have been doing this for months, and it was only a couple of days ago I encountered this problem. Very strange! :(
          Elaine

Comment

Am bumping this up in the hope someone can help me.

I have just downloaded some photos from one of the Scottish POW threads.
            All taken from the same thread and all photos, apart from one, taken by the same person.
            Saved to folder on my computer.
            Opened Faststone Viewer - done a bulk resize - yet I am still getting the same problem.

All the images are being handled in exactly the same way - why oh why am I getting these double lines for some of the images, yet 4 are showing up as small image icons.

HELP! :(
            Elaine

Comment

Working...
            X