Cancelling Ancestry Subscription.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling Ancestry Subscription.

My Ancestry sub is due for renewal on 1st June & I will be cancelling as I can't afford to renew. When is the best time to cancel? I will do it online, but want to make sure that I still have access until 31st, will it switch off as soon as I cancel, or not till the end of the sub?
    Once I have cancelled, will I still be able to view things saved in my shoebox & will I still be able to view the ancestry trees?

Many thanks
    Lynn

Lynn - I just tested with an old Ancestry account I had for accessing Ancestry canada.

You won't be able to access shoebox items or view trees. The situation may be different re viewing trees for which you've had an invitation.

Can't help re when to cancel. I've always done it by phone in the past so that I know the instruction has definitely got through.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Gill & Bob.
      Lynn

Comment

Yes once you cancel you can no longer view records etc however I still have access to my Family tree information I have saved on my account, of course when I click on any hints etc it sends me to a subscribe page

Comment

Lynn

I am cancelling mine as it is too expensive at the moment and finishes on 30th May. Cancelled last night but am able to use it until 30th.

I panicked as I didn't want to forget and get charged for another year.
          Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I will cancel today, as I certainly don't want to be charged for another year
            Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X