Twins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins...

I have just found two sets of twins in a tree...silly question but would it say anything like that on the birth certificate.

I believe from what i have got on my twins birth certificate for my tree is that they have a time and that is all. If they have a time then they are more than likely a twin.
    Jen

Comment

Thanks for that;)

Comment

Another handy way i have been told when i first found twins was when you do a search if you are prone to twins in your family is type in the reference for the birth with just the surname and then see if it brings anyone else up as they could be the twin.
        Jen

Comment

If they have a time then they are more than likely a twin.
          That is England and Wales, if it's a Scottish certificate it should always have a time of birth on it.
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I have two certs (both for 1850) one from Sussex and one from Lancashire which have time of birth on though neither child was a twin, it was just a peculiarity of the local registrar. As there was some ambiguity about the birthplace of the Sussex one the GRO sent me the photocopied page containing about 15 entries all with the time of birth entered.

Comment

I believe it should have a time on a birth cert which indicates twins.
              Margaret

Comment

mt 3rd great grandfather had the time on his cert, but none for other members, after reading this thread, i saw another baby with the surname on the same page as my ancestor. do you think they are twins? only thing is, the surname has an 'e' in it, when it shouldnt on the likely baptism.

Comment

I have a certificate that has the word "second" written before the time.
                  [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
                  X