how old will you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how old will you be?

given the choice, or just thinking out loud, how old do you think you will be when you die? morbid i know, but the world's oldest woman died at 122, and the wolds oldest man at 120.

the world's oldest person is gertrude baines of california, who is 115:

Gertrude Baines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the oldest woman ever was jeanne calment, 21 feb 1864- 4 aug 1997.
    who met vincent van gogh in 1888.

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the oldest man was shigechiyo izumi, 29 jun 1865- 21 feb 1986

Shigechiyo Izumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose you need to take an average of when most of your near relatives have died and barring accidents calculate an age for yourself - I'm working on the basis of 80. I don't think I'm 'clean living' enough to last much longer
    Margaret

Comment

My dad turned 80 this year, so I am hoping to make it at least that far.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

That is a hard one.

I wanted to live at least long enough to see our children grown up....well that is just about complete.

But now we have three grandchildren I want to see grow up.....and then I want to meet all those who are yet to be born.:p

I have already passed my Mum's age...and am near my Dad's....but I see my passing way in the future.

Over 80 I am hoping.

Comment

This all depends how old you are at this minute! My children have grown up and two grandchildren at 3 and 1 I really want to see them growing up so I might go for 90 though few of my family reached that age so.......

Janet

Comment

I keep telling people.....................I'm not going............

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
              I keep telling people.....................I'm not going............
              haha :D my grandma keeps saying that. i think if i was 100, my mum would 120. feels like we're gonna know each other a long time. dont know if i should be scared of that!!

Comment

I always told my children i would live long enough to be a pain in the backside to them and i haven`t even started yet.

Sylvia
                Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Have told my kids I'm going to live to a ripe old age and become VERY Cantankerous.
                  Seriously my mum died of cancer aged 84 and my dad died months later of a broken heart aged 88, so I reckon I could reach 90 with luck! Do you think England might have won the World Cup again by 2041????

They had been married 64 years minus a month when my mum died and I wear her wedding ring.

I kiss it everytime I do the lottery!!!!! No luck yet!!!!!!!!

Peter
                  Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

Try this - it's quite fun! :D
                    The Death Clock - When Am I Going To Die?

Comment

Great Terri.....that really gave me a big belly laugh.....!!

Margaret.
                      Family Names : HALE, GREEN, BROUGH, HARRIS, FARMER, REEVES, MINCHIN, CORNISH, WARD.

Comment

I hope to keep going for a few years yet! 1 woman out of the last 6 generations of my female line has made it to her mid 70s, 2 to their 80s, and one to her 90s. Mum only made it to 60 and her gran to 41.

Comment

According to my family tree I am way past the average for my family! The question should be if you didn't know your age how old would you think you were?
                          Old Geezer
                          Where did I come from?

Comment

If I'm optimistic I will live to be 100 and 56 if I'm pessimistic so I'd better start being positive.
                            Kit

Comment

Originally posted by bev&kev View Post
                              OMG that is spooky!

My father died at the age of 69 & his father died also at the age of 69

I just did that Death clock & it said

Monday, April 26, 2038

That is 29 years from now & I am almost 40 making it 69 as well Spooky :D
                              Last edited by JohnH; 26-05-09, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by bev&kev View Post
                                I've got 15 years left, I'll never get this tree finished by then.:(

Comment

ive still got 50 something so im happy. 73 wont be a bad age!!

Comment

According to that, I shall pop my clogs in 2019 when only middle-aged at 95. However, that must be wrong as I am planning on departing for a better place in 2070 on reaching the more reasonable age of 146.
                                    Len of the Chilterns passed away July 2021

Comment

OMG I only have 7 more years!!!
                                      Well, at least I should manage to see the success or failure of the 2012 Olympics!

Comment

I want to go ten seconds before I lose my marbles or my mobility.

The women in my family are very long-lived....except my poor old mum who died the day before her 70th birthday.

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X