Thomas LISTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas LISTER

Looking for a Thomas LISTER b. ca. 1804 Rochdale Lancashire MIllwright.
    Found him on all relevant Census's but I need to know who his parents were.

Goodygumdrops

probably need to get his marriage cert. if he got married, it normally gives fathers name but not always!

Comment

If he was born 1804, he probably married prior to 1837.

He's not on the Lancs OPC site, but I don't know how well Rochdale is covered. I did search the whole county though.

Comment

is he the one in 1851 with a sister with him and a servant?

Comment

Hi,
          Don't know if you've looked on the IGI but there's a Thomas Lister baptised 25 Jan 1801 St Chad's Rochdale, parents James Lister and Jenny.
          Did he have any brothers or sisters? sometimes you can find them living with the parents or vice versa.
          Margaret

Comment

If this is him in 1851 HO107; Piece: 2246; Folio: 348; Page: 19 then he has at least a sister Betty b1784. She's a widow at that point and surname Sumner.
            Might be worth looking for her in 1841 to see if parent(s) with her.
            Margaret

Comment

I think this is him in 1841 with his mother HO107; Piece 552; Book: 7; Civil Parish: Rochdale; County: Lancashire; Enumeration District: 6; Folio: 44; Page: 9; Line: 23; GSU roll: 306935.
              This would discount the baptism I found.
              Margaret

Comment

Thanks everyone,
                he is the one on the Census who is with sister and a servant, and also unmarried. He was a half brother to a James Holt. James's mother must have re-married , so using the info from Margaret I am going to look at the 1841 Census and keep my fingers crossed it is his mother he is with.

goodyg.

Comment

Margaretmarch you are a gem. I checked the 1841 and found Thomas with his mother, then found the marriage in 1804 of Sarah HOLT to a James LISTER now I know that James Holts mother was a Sarah it gives me another clue. Big Thanks allround.

goodyg.

Comment

Working...
                  X