Shropshire HADLEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shropshire HADLEY

Does anyone have any old photos of LEEGOMERY ROAD, Hadley Shropshire (now all new houses and part of Telford) please.

goodygumdrops

Hi Goodygumdrops

I came across this, if it's of any interest - :Newsmedianews | Trip to Hadley but can't see the road you are looking for :(
    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Thankyou Muggins although Leegomery Road is not shown, there are some very useful photos there.
      I notice you are also researching the name WICKS, my gr. grandmother was a Wicks born in Berkshire. If in the course of your research you come across the marriage of a THOMAS WICKS and a SARAH ??? ca 1800 +/- 5 years I would be very grateful for that information.
      I have a copy of two marriages of a Thomas Wicks at St Marylebone one to a Sarah Showell and the other a Sarah Grey. If they are of inerest will be happy to pass on a copy.

goodygumdrops.

Comment

Hello again goodygumdrops

I haven't come across the marriage of Thomas and Sarah - but if I do, will be sure to let you know. :D

And thanks for your offer -the names mean nothing to me at present - but who knows in the future.

My relationship with the Wicks family is somewhat odd! - Henry William Wicks, b 1893 was either my grandfather or my great-uncle. It's all very complicated, but Henry seems to have been involved in child abduction, and in WW2 was making pro-Nazi radio broadcasts from Berlin to the UK and was subsequently tried at the Old Bailey and found guilty of having committed acts likely to assist the enemy

Hope someone can come up with with some photos for you

Best wishes
        Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
        X