Thomas and Sarah Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas and Sarah Hughes

I'm wondering if anybody out there can help me?

I'm trying to trace the parents of a Thomas Hughes and a Sarah Higgs?.

From the census returns Thomas appears to have been born in Clent, Worcestershire around 1806 and Sarah in Oldswinford, Worcestershire around 1812.

From the IGI Index they appear to have been married in Kingswinford, Staffs 4 Oct 1829 but there appear to be a number of options for parents on the IGI.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Have you tracked Thomas & Sarah forward through ALL of the census to see if an elderly parent is living with them? or one of their children?

did T&S have many children? if so, they could have named boy or girl after either parent/s

perhaps a copy of their marriage from the parish records might shed some light on a witness name. If you are lucky they might have been married by Licence this could possibly help with a fathers/guardians name.

failing that, its a case of trying to track down the other possible parents and see where they end up/who with etc...

alternately you might find a will of one of the parents?

sorry I can't be of more help.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If this is them in 1851 HO107; Piece: 2035; Folio: 516; Page: 3; GSU roll: 87442. Then it shows Sarah as born in Lye which I see on google maps is Stourbridge. I was wondering why they would get married in Kingswinford.
      Also they have a 3 year old 'visitor' in the house. Could this be a relative?
      Margaret

Comment

I found the correct name for the 3 year old Demurus Skidmore b 1848 and someone has put a correction on ancestry with their details available to contact. Perhaps they would have some details to help if the child was a relative.
        Margaret

Comment

The Skidmore family are in Kingswinford in 1861 so I would say there is a connection to your Hughes family if the marriage for Sarah and Thomas is correct.
          Margaret

Comment

Julie, Margaret

Many thanks for your posts, I've had a few responses on other sites and it looks like their parents were Thomas and Ann Hughes and Hezechiah Higgs and Joyce Cooper.

All 3 of the Higgs children Sarah, Silvia and Sedoni were born in Old Swinford, I'm wondering whether Demurus was a neice or nephew from one of the sisters as I can't seem to find any male Higgs's?

David

Comment

Might be worthwhile contacting the person on ancestry for further details about Demurus.
              Margaret

Comment

Working...
              X