• Show
Clear All

• Looking for missing uncle ...help please

Hi
    I am looking for mums uncle last known address is 1975
    i have searched all through death index can't find him
    does anyone know of a good electoral roll site .. not on subs
    thought there was a uk phone book site but can't find it now

last phonebook entry on ancestry is 1975 , did find a listing on net for his house being sold in 1980 .. was he still living there then ?.

Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

have you tried 192.com?

Comment

Here's the phone book site
      http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publi...earch.publisha
      Have you tried Friend Reunited? maybe he or one of his offspring are on there.
      Margaret

Comment

If your Mum knows the names of any of his children - I'd start looking for them in the local area - hopefully not John Smith or equivalent.

Depending on his age he maybe in a home or just ex-directory or not on the public electors roll.

Alternatively you could write to the last address and ask if they know where he went or contact details of anyone who might know.

How far away is it from your home - could you get there and have a look at the electors roll for 1975 and subsequent years and see if there is a longstanding neighbour.

Does the local paper have any sort of "Where are they now" - or "Getting in Touch" features?

We have them in our free paper from the council.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Regarding the house being sold. Could it be that it was previously owned by the local authority? In which case he may have bought it from them.
          You could check the land registry for current title details - cost £3. Here's the link for that.
          Land Registry - Land Registry
          Margaret

Comment

Hi Jebbo

I've sent you a PM offering some help.
            WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
              Hi Jebbo

I've sent you a PM offering some help.
              Hi Wendy
              Thankyou sent you a pm

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                If your Mum knows the names of any of his children - I'd start looking for them in the local area - hopefully not John Smith or equivalent.

Depending on his age he maybe in a home or just ex-directory or not on the public electors roll.

Alternatively you could write to the last address and ask if they know where he went or contact details of anyone who might know.

How far away is it from your home - could you get there and have a look at the electors roll for 1975 and subsequent years and see if there is a longstanding neighbour.

Does the local paper have any sort of "Where are they now" - or "Getting in Touch" features?

We have them in our free paper from the council.
                Hi JBee
                yes with a surname like White its not easy and he would be 82 and was born in Nuneaton Warwickshire , Nuneaton the last address we have for him in 1975

as far as we know he had no children
                I did write to address a few years back and sadly received no reply
                and from website looks like house was sold at least acouple of times 2000 and 2004.

Jebbo
                Last edited by jebbo; 23-05-09, 22:54. Reason: place

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                  Regarding the house being sold. Could it be that it was previously owned by the local authority? In which case he may have bought it from them.
                  You could check the land registry for current title details - cost £3. Here's the link for that.
                  Land Registry - Land Registry
                  Margaret
                  Thankyou margaretmarch
                  will check out phone book and Land registry sites

jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                    have you tried 192.com?
                    Hi Kylejustin
                    Thankyou

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      have you tried 192.com?
                      Hi Kylejustin
                      Just had alook at site , looks like you have to sign up to complete package for lookups , was hoping there was a site you could just purchase credits on
                      to do electoral roll search ..I have Ancestry sub at mo ( wish they had electoral rolls for uk)

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Jebbo

I have sent you another Pm I think I may have just found the info that you require. I will not post the info here as it relates to Living People.

WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by jebbo View Post
                          Hi Kylejustin
                          Just had alook at site , looks like you have to sign up to complete package for lookups , was hoping there was a site you could just purchase credits on
                          to do electoral roll search ..I have Ancestry sub at mo ( wish they had electoral rolls for uk)

Jebbo
                          Hi Jebbo,
                          I could do a 192.com look up for you if you still need it.

Margaret

Comment

HI

Just so the others know I have done a 192.com and an electoral roll check and a Land registry check and I am awaiting Jebbo's feedback.

But due to timezone differences it may be a few days before Jebbo can fully update the inital message.
                            WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
                              HI

Just so the others know I have done a 192.com and an electoral roll check and a Land registry check and I am awaiting Jebbo's feedback.

But due to timezone differences it may be a few days before Jebbo can fully update the inital message.
                              Hi Wendy
                              Thankyou sent you a pm

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                                Hi Jebbo,
                                I could do a 192.com look up for you if you still need it.

Margaret
                                Thankyou Margaret
                                Wendy is doing a lookup for me
                                appreciate your help

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

I hope you keep us informed if you do find him....it`s nice to see everyones efforts come up trumps...good luck Jebbo....allan:D;)
                                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                                  oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                                  adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                                  merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                                  coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
                                    I hope you keep us informed if you do find him....it`s nice to see everyones efforts come up trumps...good luck Jebbo....allan:D;)
                                    Hi Allan
                                    Info Wendy sent , given me hope of at least making contact with wife of
                                    uncle ( no info on him after 2000) we are searching for . will send letter off and keep fingers crossed for a reply .

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Good luck
                                      Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                      X