Marriage certificate age column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage certificate age column

I have a marriage certificate for my great (x3?) grandparents but their ages are not given in that colum.
    It dates from 2/2/ 1857 in Weston on Trent Derby.
    The same thing is written in the column next to their names but it nont deciperable!
    It looks like it says 'full life' or similar.
    The only thing I can think is they had no birth certificates but they were obviously of 'adult' age.
    Has anyone else come across anything like this? It's unfortunately going to be hard to move backwards without these details of ages :(
    TIA

I would guess it says Full Age

Which means they were over 21

Very common for certs of that time I'm afraid.

Comment

It probably says "full age" which was quite common if they were over 21
      Jackie

Comment

Snap Margaret
        Jackie

Comment

Also,

If they were over 21 in 1857, they they wouldn't have had birth certs anyway as these weren't available before 1837.

You need to search for baptisms in the parish registers.

Comment

:D:D Jackie

Comment

How many candidates are there in 1851 for either of them? You have their father's names - that might help to narrow things down.

Have you found deaths for them? When do they disappear from the census and what age are they on the census following their marriage?

OC

Comment

Brilliant, thanks all.
                I haven't got as far as looking for baptisms or deaths as I've got lots of routes i'm following on my great and great great grandparents at the moment, but that will all be a big help in tracking when I get back to them.

Comment

Working...
                X