No announcement yet.

A Bradbury Challenge for you..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bradbury Challenge for you..........

On a previous thread, I mentioned that some of OH's mob went to Brazil some time from 1881 and returned in 1894. However, the eldest son, Albert Ernest, does not show on the return journey and I have really no idea whether he went out at all - but if he did, surely you wouldn't leave a child of 13 behind

He was born in Staffs in 1881 and appears in RG11 Folio128 Page 21 with his mother (father was in London). In 1901, he reappears, united with his family in RG13 Piece 2695 Folio 75 Page 23.

I have searched in vain for some record of him in 1891.

Any ideas??

confuddled.com

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Might be worth considering [a] that at 13 he would have been considered old enough to be out at work - so might be in another household as a servant; [b] do you know that he was still around later? - could he have died?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

He also might have been in a boarding school especially if the family had money and I'm guessing they did - all to to-ing and fro-ing to Brazil!
      Margaret

Comment

Christine and Margaret - thank you for your replies.

He's alive and kicking in the 1911 census and I've looked until I'm cross-eyed in the 1891 records as I thought perhaps he would be with a relative or employed somewhere. As you suggest Margaret, he could be at boarding school too.

So, I'll get back on the trail!

Gwyn
        Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Working...
        X