Fisher family of Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher family of Lancashire

Can anyone tell me if they know Robert Fisher who was born in 1872 and his wife Annie (maiden name Brade or Braid). Annie came from Great Eccleston and they lived in 71 Marsden Street, Kirkham. I am looking for the year of their deaths so we can go to the parish records.

Allison;)

Allison - is this their marriage?

Jun 1895
    Fylde 8e 1136
    Annie Brade
    Robert Fisher
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Do you mean you want to find their deaths in the parish register?
      They could have been alive well into the middle of the 1900s, so I don't know how easy this would be.

Do you need census entries for them or do you have this information?
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure when they got married, I put in the only information I have on them. My cousin is looking for dates of their death so he can try to find out where they were buried. I think this will then link on to other relatives of ours around the same area. If you have any ideas how to get this information I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.
        Allison

Comment

Alison, would it be interesting for you to know about their earlier lives as well as their deaths?

I found them on the 1901 census, from which it would appear that Annie had been married before:

11 Albert Street Medlar With Wesham (Kirkham)

Robert Fisher (transcribed as Firher on Ancestry)
          aged 28 General labourer born Wesham
          Annie Fisher Wife 28 born Wood ?
          William Cross Father in law Widr 54 General labourer born Wood?
          Ernest Brade Son 9 born ?
          Bertha A Brade Daur 7 born ?
          Robert Fisher son 5 born Wesham
          Mary E Daur 3 born Wesham
          Annie Daur 2 born Wesham

It appears that Annie was born Fisher and married a chap with the surname Brade, by whom she had the two above children.

Would you like us to investigate further?
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

I googled Ernest Brade's name and found this:

Mapping our Anzacs

He gives his mother as Mrs Ann Brade and not Fisher, however.
            But the date of birth is fine - aged 22, so born 1892

Ernest Brade born Mar qr 1892 Garstang 8e 724

Bertha Anne Brade
            born Mar qur 1894 Garstang
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

I was looking at the 1901 record found RG13; Piece: 3964; Folio: 90; Page: 36. and see that it gives Annie as born in Woodplumpton which is quite a distance from Great Eccleston.
              Bertha and Ernest are shown as born Inskip which seems to be a small village near Garstang.
              If this is the right family it looks like Annie's maiden name is Cross and she had children by Brade then married Robert Fisher.
              Margaret
              Last edited by margaretmarch; 23-05-09, 14:15.

Comment

Margaret, that's the record I mentioned above!
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Elizabeth
                  You are an absolute angel for looking this information up for me as I am a novice at this and wouldn't know where to start. I will pass all this information onto my cousin. If you have any more information that would be brilliant.

As you seemed to be so good at this, could you advise me as to how to start looking into the Savory family?

Many thanks.
                  Allison

Comment

Thanks for this information Margaret. I will pass this information onto my cousin.

Allison.

Comment

Fisher family

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                      Margaret, that's the record I mentioned above!
                      Elizabeth

I was just going through the information you supplied and am trying to get a logical timeline, It appears that Annie was born Ann Cross then married someone called Brade with which she had 2 kids then went on to marry my relative Robert and had a son, Robert. There then appears to be 2 more children with the surname of Daur. Do you think they were Roberts' children?

Many thanks
                      Allison

Comment

Allison, I'm sorry if my previous entry was confusing - I should have explained myself properly!

I just transcribed what was on the Census form and used their abbreviations.

"Daur" is the abbrevation for "daughter" and is used on the census forms.

Robert Fisher (transcribed as Firher on Ancestry)
                        aged 28 General labourer born Wesham
                        Annie Fisher Wife 28 born Wood ?
                        William Cross Father in law Widr 54 General labourer born Wood?
                        Ernest Brade Son 9 born ?
                        Bertha A Brade Daur 7 born ?
                        Robert Fisher son 5 born Wesham
                        Mary E Daur 3 born Wesham
                        Annie Daur 2 born Wesham

So -
                        Robert was married to Annie, both 28.
                        It appears that William Cross was Annie's father, although there is no guarantee!!
                        Two children with the name of Brade -
                        Ernest and Bertha.
                        Robert Fisher was their son.
                        Mary E was their daughter.
                        Annie was their daughter.

So to recap, Robert and Annie had three children of their own - Robert, Mary E and Annie.
                        Two children - Ernest and Bertha - one would assume belonged to an earlier marriage of Annie (perhaps nee Cross).

However, I'm finding trouble tying this all up. If all else fails and you want answers you could send for a birth certificate for Ernest or Bertha to find their parents.

The only Brade/Cross marriage I could find that was from the 1870s onwards was this one:

March quarter 1878
                        Margaret Brade and William Cross
                        Garstang 8e 865

I seem to remember I didn't do very well with the censuses, either.

There was an Annie Cross born in the Fylde district in Jun 1873, which could be this Annie, but again no guarantee! (Fylde 8e 633).

I'll see if I can find out anything else.

I hope it's a bit clearer now.
                        Elizabeth
                        Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                        X