Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of Who Do We Think You Are? 21st May is ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of Who Do We Think You Are? 21st May is ...

jbatey

Well done i hope you get your brick wall knocked down.
    Last edited by jennie; 21-05-09, 21:02.
    Jen

Congratulations jbatey hope you get loads sorted for you ;;;good luck
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

thankyou and i love youre betty boo how did you get that im a mad betty boo fan

Comment

jb ,,,,found loads just googling dear , have quite collection now lol
        good luck with your brick walls dear ;;
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

This is from jbatey

my dad was adopted at the age of 7 and we have just found out who is parents are they are arnold gover born 26th september 1920 mother ***** born date and month? not known but born the same year we know they were married on the 18 march 1939 and was both born in chorlton manchester but we would like to know whot ther parents wer called and wot address they wre living at wen they wer registerd at birth and if they had any brothers and sisters ***** parents wer thomas young and pauline young nee cousins but arnold gover we dont know about on his marrige certificate to ***** it has a line through the square ware the fathers name should be so does this mean that the father was not known becouse ware ***** father is it says thomas young deceased so her father was dead when she married arnold gover i hope you can understand this information as it is the best i can discribe as im on benefits i find it hard to pay for certificets i payed £7 for the marrige certificate but then i would have to pay another £14 for two birth certicates i know arnold gover died on the 14th of october and is buried in duckinfield cemetry tameside but wen my dad was adopted at 7yrs old he had actualy been with his adopted parents from being 8weeks old and that it was becouse his parents split up and his mother left the manchester area she did come back for him when he was five but becose he did not know who she was the authoritys seid it was nit in the childs intrest to let him go back to her so it was another two years before his adoption was finalised and she went back to ware she was liveing at that time which we have just found was radcliffe greater manchester the reason we have hit a brick wall is becouse if she remarried we dont know whot her name is so trying to find out you have to pay to search the records we would love to know weather she remarried and if she had any more children or if she has died and ware sorry to go on for so long but would be gratefull for any information no matter how small

I have *** a name out as not sure if they are living please pm jbatey or myself for the name if you require it.
          Last edited by jennie; 22-05-09, 19:22. Reason: stared out name
          Jen

Comment

Unfortunately it is very difficult to confirm anything without the purchase of certificates.

The birth registration for Arnold Gover is:
            1920 Sept quarter
            Registration district: Chorlton
            Page 8c
            Volume 1309

His mother's maiden name is given as Gover, and if you say there is no father listed on the marriage certificate, this would possibly indicate he was illegitimate. You really need his birth certificate, not only to check whether a father was listed but also so that you can get the full name of his mother - you would then be able to look for a marriage for her with the possibility of finding some siblings, or half siblings - but again you would probably need to buy some certificates to confirm these findings.
            Elaine

Comment

If you can get a copy of your grandmother's birth certificate then it will give you her date of birth, and then it will be possible to search for deaths of people with the same date of birth so that might help.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

As reluctant as jbatey is, I think Arnold Gover's birth certificate is the only way to get back further in his line. His mother's name, would at least give someone to look for in 1901 and 1911 census and we could probably take it back from there.

Cannot find a marriage for Thomas Young and Pauline Cousins, no birth for Pauline Cousins 1860-1910. There are two births in Chorlton for Young children with Cousins as mothers maiden name in 1916 and 1921. There is a Young-Cousins marriage in Chorlton in 1907 for Thomas Young and AGNES Cousins, but is this the one ?

If the mother married under her birth name >>>>> Young, it will need an ancestry trawl to find her possible marriage after 1930. There is at least one on freebmd befreo 1930that looks possible - then it will need an ancestry trawl to see if she's dead and if its the right one.
                I don't have an ancestry sub, or I would do it myself.

Di
                Diane
                Sydney Australia
                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

hi x but how do you get them on to your page like that

Comment

thank you for this and yes i will have to get his birth certificate and all so my grand mothers too

Comment

hi diane yes that will be my grandmothers birth she was born 1921 and that is more than likely her sister pauline and i have got it mixed up and thought that it was her mums name the marrige of agnes cousins and thomas young is all most likely to be the one thank you will i have to buy these certificate or is ther a way of viewing them on the internet and would i be able to copy them

Comment

you will have to buy them. scotland and the australian state of victoria have online bmd's but not many do.
                        you can order them from the gro, or if you have a local register office, you can order from them.

Comment

If you are looking for a re-marriage of Arnold Gover's wife, you should first try to find out if they were divorced. Maybe, though she remarried during WW2 and did not bother with a divorce - my great-grandma didn't.

She left her husband before the 1911 census, and he and the children came to Australia in 1914, she remarried as a widow in 1918 in Chorlton (co-incidence, eh ?) but great-grandfather did not remarry until 1923, after her death.

Did Arnold serve in WW2, have you looked for his records ? There are probably lots of ways to find out more about him, but to be sure of his parents, you will need his birth certificate. When I first started out, we did not have much spare money for certificates, so I used to say " I will just buy one every second month" it made it slow, but gave me time to work on the details in the certificate (some were better than others, and NSW ones have much more detail).

Also did you know that Manchester area burials are on-line, free to search ? I found the death of great-great grandfather Christopher from there, because his death registration never reached the GRO to be indexed. This is the website : Genealogy Search
                          Diane
                          Sydney Australia
                          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
                            Did Arnold serve in WW2, have you looked for his records ?
                            If he served in WW2, then his army records wouldn't be available except to his next of kin and I'm not sure whether a child who was adopted out of the family will count as next of kin or not, though hopefully someone on here will know.
                            KiteRunner

Comment

Having had a look on FreeBMD, the survival rate of the Gover family is not good, in fact in the 1901 census for Chorlton there is only one... that is Ann Jane (34) with her children, Elsie Winifred 6; Harry 5; Sydney 3 & Ernest 1. Ann Jane (nee Brew) was a widow, in fact her husband John Henry J Gover had died that year, (he had previously been married to Amelia Garratt who had died and their son Henry). Moving on to the LDS family search (1881 census) you can find Miss Brew at 8 Bedford st, Chorlton on Medlock and looking at previous addresses at No 11 is a JH Glover.
                              This is all purely circumstantial until you get your certificate but at the moment the prime candidate for Arnolds mum seems to be Elsie Winifred, she dosn't appear to have been married whereas her two younger brothers are, (to a Miss Craggs and Spencer respectively). LancasterBMD.org.uk isnt yet complete especially for Manchester but it does contain Arnolds and Miss Youngs marriage at St Mathews, Ardwick, Manchester.
                              Anyway good hunting I hope this gives you something to go on and helps a bit while you are waiting.

Comment

thank you so much southwick for this i know that arnold gover and name removed young married at the registry office in manchester in 1939 but obviusely becose it has a line throudh the square ware his fathers name should be i think he must of been an iligitymate child so it is possible his mum did not marry so yes i think i will have to get his birth certificate i know he was born on 26/9/1920 and is burried in duckinfield cemetry i have his death record but name removed his wife went to radcliffe wen they split up so that is greater manchester and i tried to search a death for name removed one came up but it seid that i had to buy credits to view it this is all most certenly arnolds wife my dads real mum becose she was the only gover to come up but like i sed i had to get credits
                                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 26-05-09, 14:18. Reason: name removed - ? relates to living person

Comment

If you mean on ancestry, then there is no death listed on the GRO indexes between 1984 and 2005 of someone with that name which matches the information you have. All the deaths listed in that name have middle names, were born before 1920 and died in the south of England. The first time you posted on this site asking for help tracing these people, I checked to see if I could find her death and didn't find a likely entry, which is why I would advise you to edit her name out of your post as she may still be alive.

I don't think I searched pre-1984 for her death because it would be a long slog through the death indexes quarter by quarter, so of course she may have died a long time ago.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

I have edited your post, as KiteRunner has suggested, as you are not sure whether Arnold's wife is still alive.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by jbatey View Post
                                      thank you so much southwick for this i know that arnold gover and name removed young married at the registry office in manchester in 1939 but obviusely becose it has a line throudh the square ware his fathers name should be i think he must of been an iligitymate child so it is possible his mum did not marry so yes i think i will have to get his birth certificate i know he was born on 26/9/1920 and is burried in duckinfield cemetry i have his death record but name removed his wife went to radcliffe wen they split up so that is greater manchester and i tried to search a death for name removed one came up but it seid that i had to buy credits to view it this is all most certenly arnolds wife my dads real mum becose she was the only gover to come up but like i sed i had to get credits
                                      Where did you find this death entry? perhaps one of us could check it for you.
                                      Margaret

Comment

thankyou i went on the bury council bmd like you do wen you go on manchester city council page and typed in her name becouse radclliffe district coomes under bury lancishire

Comment

Working...
                                        X