X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can only get onto MSN on laptop, no other sites

I'm hoping there is a simple solution
    Anyone any suggestions please?

My daughter has just been given a laptop by her work. She is on TalkTalk wireless at home and her PC is fine, but her laptop will only go on MSN. She keeps getting the message 'page can't be displayed'. The wireless light is on which should mean she is connected, but why can't she access any sites?

Is there something she needs to do - hopefully something simple -to get the laptop to connect.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Just a thought, as she has been provided with this by her employer it is possible that they have created particular settings so that she can only access certain parts when out of the office.
    I can only access certain parts of a company that I work for and I need to use my own email address to contact them. I can read their Home Page but only that the rest is blocked.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Thank you Margaret, that is a possibility.
      Her job is based 'in the field' so to speak, and she never goes to the main office. The laptop was given to her so she (and they) could keep in contact via emails when she's not working at home. Great - except she can't get to her emails! Maybe they can 'talk' via msn ;)
      She is going to phone the office on Tuesday when the tecky man is in and hope he can sort it out for her.
      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
      X