Ftm2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm2009

Just wondered if someone has had the same problem as me i tried to import a gedcom from Ancestry and there are loads of date errors!
    An example of how i entered a date on my Ancestry tree is 25th May 1880.
    Also the same problem with marriage and christening information,is there a way around this I have tried deleting and adding the gedcom several times.

I didnt know you could import a gedcom from Ancestry how do you do it please ???

Comment

Val go to family tree and manage tree where it says update (thats new one )
      inder that in managment tools export tree ;;;that downloads as gedcom to where ever you save it ;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

thanks Babs I only thought you could export a file into it not out ???? shall take a nosey now

Comment

thanks again Babs dont know why I never noticed that ??? have done it .

Comment

It's the way you have entered the date that's the problem, you say you have 25th May, it's the th after the numbers 25 that's causing the program to ignore that line of text and it will not import, th, nd, or st after a date are not standard gedcom format and some programs will ignore that date when you try to import it. You should never put those letters after the date number.

All is not lost, open the gedcom in Word and edit all the th, st, nd's out of the gedcomby using the find and replace feature and then do the import again, that will sort it out.
            Best Wishes
            Ron
            www.genealogyprinters.com

Comment

Thankyou for the help I thought it could be something like that and was dreading retyping in all the dates great tip about wordpad!

Comment

Working...
              X