1841 census for Backford,cheshire info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 census for Backford,cheshire info please

Hiya....I would like some help please in trying to find any members of the OAKES family in 1841 census in Backford,Cheshire...Any addresses would be a big bonus as well.....thanks....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Nothing shows up for Backford as residence. Got any first names to get me started?
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

thanks Jules..
      Peter Oakes b 1779
      and my DIRECT ancestor Daniel Oakes b 1786...
      cheers...allan....just thought...it maybe down as Backford Hall in the 1700`s...allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 20-05-09, 09:54.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Daniel & elizabeth are in Neston, just the two of them
        Jess

Comment

There is a Peter Oakes abt 1791 in Prestbury, Cheshire

he is with Mary Oakes 40 Adam Oakes 10 Phobe Potter 10
          Jess

Comment

Would this be Daniel married to Elizabeth
            Township of Great Neston.

Daniel Oakes born c 1786 Cheshire
            other members in household
            Daniel Oakes 55
            Elizabeth Oakes

Class: HO107; Piece 124; Book: 6; Civil Parish: Neston; County: Cheshire; Enumeration District: 7; Folio: 7; Page: 8; Line: 9; GSU roll: 241252.

I can't read the address

Post edited - please do not copy and paste from sites such as Ancestry as it violates copyright.
            Elaine (Admin)
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 20-05-09, 10:16. Reason: copyright violation
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Any more you need searching for Allan?
              Jules

Comment

Thanks Jess/Jules.....Daniel and Elizabeth and their family went to live in Neston......I DON`T KNOW ELIZABETHS MAIDEN NAME...SO FRUSTRATING....I think( DON`T KNOW FOR SURE) that Elizabeth died in 1870 and was born in 1783(according to census )1st child born 1817.?....does 34 sound feasible for her 1st child to be born ? last child b 1822....allan
                ADDED...WHAT AGE IS Elizabeth...looks like 53?..if its 58 that fits in with my info
                Last edited by garstonite; 20-05-09, 10:10.

Comment

Nothing surprises me anymore where births are concerned. Certainly feasible.

I'll check later census if you want?
                  Jules

Comment

Can's see either of them on 1871
                    Jules

Comment

Elizabeth Oakes
                      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1782
                      Year of Registration: 1870
                      Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
                      Age at Death: 88
                      District: Stockport
                      County: Cheshire, Lancashire
                      Volume: 8a
                      Page: 43
                      Jules

Comment

Elizabeth Oakes
                        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1783
                        Year of Registration: 1870
                        Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
                        Age at Death: 87
                        District: Wirral (1837-1974)
                        County: Cheshire
                        Volume: 8a
                        Page: 274
                        Jules

Comment

are they on 1851 census Jules?....Daniel died in 1859....allan
                          the second one is MY Elizabeth....thanks Jules....allan

Comment

1851 census.
                            Daniel Oakes born c 1782 born Backford, Cheshire
                            Spouse - Elizabeth

living in Parish of Neston, Cheshire

other members in household
                            Daniel Oakes 69
                            Elizabeth Oakes 68

Looks like address is Snig Lane, Neston. Occupation Ag Lab

Elizabeth born Lancaster.
                            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 20-05-09, 10:27. Reason: copyright
                            Jules

Comment

You`re a gem Jules...LANCASTER...No wonder I couldn`t find their marriage on Cheshire Parish Records...chances are they married in Lancaster in around1816....I can now put her birthplace in my Gedcom at least...thanks.
                              do you think it possible to find their marriage in 1816c....?...allan

Comment

this is Elizabeth on 1861

Elizabeth Oakes born c1783, Lancashire
                                Head of household

Living in parish of Neston, Cheshire

members in household
                                Elizabeth Oakes 78
                                William Oakes 38

Address Brook Street, Neston.

William is unmarried Ag Lab and gardener born Neston yob 1823
                                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 20-05-09, 10:29. Reason: copyright
                                Jules

Comment

Hi Allan,
                                  I also found nothing in a search for 1841, so I've browsed through all the images for Backford in 1841, and only found one Oakes. A Sarah Oakes, age 25, female servant. The address is just Backford, no street given. The first name listed in the house is Ann Waring, age 53, Innkeeper.
                                  Last edited by Cloggie; 20-05-09, 10:36.
                                  Sarah

Comment

Found this marriage on IGI

Daniel Oakes / Elizabeth Harrison
                                    Marriage: 16 APR 1811 St Annes, Liverpool, Lancashire.

No idea if it's the right one!
                                    Elaine

Comment

thanks Jules...William was their youngest b 1822....I have him on CPRDb
                                      Sarah....is Sarah Oakes alone on the census or with another family....
                                      so Sarah would have been born in 1816...Peter was b 1779.....he would be 37when Sarah was born so she could be his daughter(or even g daughter I suppose)...I need a definite link....:(...allan:(

Comment

Thanks Elaine...it is very likely that Elizabeth came to Liverpool...a hive of industry at the time.....got to go to work...be back after....allan:(

Comment

Working...
                                        X