Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever lost info on your ancestry tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever lost info on your ancestry tree?

I spent two days working on my tree, and then when I went back to it, my info was gone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Debbie

I only ever upload a gedcom to Ancestry from Family Tree Maker on my computer. I have never added directly to the site.
    If it's on your computer and Ancestry lose it then you still have it on your computer.

Good warning about relying on third parties to host your info.

I hope you do have it backed up elsewhere.

Comment

Where were you putting it?
      I use PAF as my backup but tend to use tribal pages as my ongoing tree.
      If it's to be, it's up to me.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

that happens sometimes but it usually reappears !!!

Comment

hi
          mine has things on that I never knew where there LOL:D

Laura

Comment

when you added did you ....save..?.i always go and click update tree also.brenda xxx

Comment

I lost some of OH's on Ancestry - why, I have no idea. I moaned and they miraculously restored it - but all the census records were missing. Not best pleased!! I have my tree on FTM and use the Ancestry one as a 'working document'.

Gwyn
              Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Working...
              X