UK to Brazil c 1881 - 1888

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK to Brazil c 1881 - 1888

Bradbury relatives of OH returned from Brazil in 1894. I can find their return record, but they could have gone out any time from 1881 as this is the last census record I have for them.

They are Thomas Bradbury (b1849, Longton, Staffs) and Mary (b1851, Longton, Staffs.

Three of the children were born in Brazil (Carlos:1888, Tom:1891 and Louisa:1892). These three plus two elder siblings returned, but not with their parents, Thomas and Mary. They are on the passenger list with 'John' and 'Alice' Bradbury whom I cannot trace at all. Strangely enough though, they are the same age as Thomas and Mary.........:(

I cannot trace the parents' return to the UK (unless Thomas/John and Mary/Alice are the same people). The names are quite different for a transcription error to have occurred I would think but I know they returned, as another son was born in Staffs in 1895.

Do I stand any chance of finding passenger lists to Brazil before 1891?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Gwyn

Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Just a sideways look at the problem. I found an excellent site for church records of European settlers in Argentina. I wonder if there is something similar for Brazil, where you might find some deaths.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Will investigate!!

Thanks Uncle John

Gwyn
      Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Working...
      X