Question about Ancestry messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Ancestry messages

I have only ever received one message via Ancestry and now I can't remember if I was notified by Ancestry that the message was there?

The reason I ask is that I have sent a message (to a different person) and wondered if she will ever notice its there? If I click on her name it says she logged in yesterday!

Anne

I've been wondering the same thing Anne! They used to send an email but I don't think they do with this new "improved" system! I sent a message to a new tree owner as they are obviously fairly closely related to me (my father's on their tree!) about a month ago but they've not logged on since so don't know that there's a message for them and as you say there's no guarantee that they'll notice when they do log on again.
    Sue

Comment

I have sent a message to someone this morning and when they replied I was notified through my hotmail account. I have also sent messages to people who you would think are going to be pretty interested in what you have but have not received a reply.
      Lynda

Comment

When you receive an message on Ancestry you get an email to the address that you have registered with them.

Well I do anyway. Had a couple in the last few days.

Comment

Thanks very much for the feedback. I shall have to be patient!

Anne

Comment

Yes I always get e-mails telling me as well , sit and bite fingers dear ;;;
            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

LOL, Babs! I'm not known for being patient

Anne

Comment

No me neither dear so know what its like when you want answers like now ;;;;lol
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                  When you receive an message on Ancestry you get an email to the address that you have registered with them.

Well I do anyway. Had a couple in the last few days.
                  Well that's reassuring! I really thought they'd stopped that.

My contact obviously doesn't want to tell me how they've got Dad on their tree!:(
                  Sue

Comment

I was very disappointed the other day. Someone had made a correction to a census entry for a name in my tree and I tried to contact them, but no go.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I left a message for someone yesterday evening and received a notification of his reply by email today, so yes, the emails are still coming through. Hope you get a response soon.
                      Jenny

Comment

But was it a correct correction, UJ :p

Its very frustrating when you can see that you could have an interesting exchange with someone but can't get in touch.

Anne

Thanks Jenny, I hope so too!

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                          But was it a correct correction, UJ :p

Its very frustrating when you can see that you could have an interesting exchange with someone but can't get in touch.
                          It was a correct correction, and for a line that has uncertainties in it, which is what makes it so frustrating.
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I have come across people in ancestry who have put up a public tree but have removed their e-mail which I cannot make sense of.
                            Why put your tree on a site if you do not want any connections?
                            What I do is put a comment on the person I am interested in on the tree.
                            Have done this a few times and about half have responded.
                            If it's to be, it's up to me.
                            Searching for:
                            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Working...
                            X