Napoleanic wars casualties/fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleanic wars casualties/fatalities

I believe that it is possible that one of my ancestors could have perished overseas, during the Napoleanic wars and wondered if anyone knows of listings on line that would tell me. Would the National Archives have or maybe even the Imperial War Museum. MTIA

Hi, I know that the national archives have the Waterloo Medal Book, if that's any help, do you have much information about your ancestor?

Comment

Originally posted by Just Barbara View Post
      Hi, I know that the national archives have the Waterloo Medal Book, if that's any help, do you have much information about your ancestor?
      I think I'd better wait until I get what I believe to be his son's two marriage certificates to be sure.

Comment

The "Waterloo Medal Roll 1815" is available to view on FMP, so that could be a start.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

As Elizabeth said, there's info on FMP - that's where I found info on an ancestor who fought at the battle of Salamanca in the Peninsular war. I was then able to get his discharge papers from the National Archives.
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X