Help Reqd Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Reqd Please

if anyone has a subscription with Ancestry ,i would appreciate a lookup for the following birth reference so that i can get a copy of a birth cert.

The person is John Henry Budd born abt 1907/8 in either Kingston Surrey or Brentford Middlesex or in Norfolk
    His mothers name was i believe Eleanor Louisa Payne born Norfolk
    i cannot get the birth ref numbers from FreeBMD.
    i would appreciate any help i can get on this

There is a John H Budd
    Marylebone
    1a Dec/27

This means the birth was re registered in Dec qtr 1927.

Is that when his mother married the father?

It is on FreeBMD as well as Ancestry

Comment

If you can't get the information from FreeBMD, it's highly unlikely you'll get it from Ancestry. Ancestry use a copy of the FreeBMD information, though the updates run a month or two late.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

To add to Margaret's find, the image on Ancestry shows this entry as a manuscript insertion. It's 4 years too early to show mother's maiden name, so you'll ned to buy the certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
          If you can't get the information from FreeBMD, it's highly unlikely you'll get it from Ancestry. Ancestry use a copy of the FreeBMD information, though the updates run a month or two late.
          If you have an Ancestry subscription you can look at all the images, UJ. It is a case of trawling through them quarter by quarter.

Anne

Comment

Margaret in Burton
            I have a copy of John Henry Budd marriage cert which states in 1930 he was about 23 years of age i/e born around 1907/8 his father was married in 1912 in Norfolk to a Eleanor Louise Payne ,but its the birth ref of John Henry Budd i am after i/e vol and page number so that i can purchase a copy of this birth cert.

How much information do GRO require to prduce a copy of this?

Comment

Originally posted by St Demon 4 View Post
              Margaret in Burton
              I have a copy of John Henry Budd marriage cert which states in 1930 he was about 23 years of age i/e born around 1907/8 his father was married in 1912 in Norfolk to a Eleanor Louise Payne ,but its the birth ref of John Henry Budd i am after i/e vol and page number so that i can purchase a copy of this birth cert.

How much information do GRO require to prduce a copy of this?
              If it's the one I posted above, then just that info I gave.

Comment

If you view the image John H Budd is hand written at the bottom of the page. It is Marylebone, Dec quarter, 1a, Dec/27

This is the information you need to oreder from the GRO. As Margaret has said his birth was re-registered in 1927.

I have never ordered a certificate like this. Maybe someone else has experience. Or you could give the GRO a ring.

Anne

Comment

Thank you all for your help ,i will order to the ref you have given.
                  thanks once again

Comment

I would say you are best to look for the registration in the index for Dec 1927 and order it using the references given there.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just to confirm the above information, he was originally registered with the surname Payne:

Births Dec 1907
                      PAYNE John Henry Marylebone 1a 512

Comment

So the manuscript addition to the 1907 index was done in 1927.

And the 1927 registration is:

BUDD John H (mother's maiden name Payne)
                        Marylebone Oct-Dec 1927 Volume 1a Page 637
                        Last edited by Uncle John; 17-05-09, 16:22.

Comment

Kiterunner
                          Thank you for this but where do i look for the Dec1927 index ,is it online or do i write for it?

Comment

See Uncle John's post above.
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Uncle john
                              I really must thank you for these references i would have gone round and round on this and will send for the relevant certificates
                              kiterunner
                              I have asked you a question that Unle John has now answered thank you.

Comment

Black Widow
                                Yes thank you it is ,Uncle John earlier had given me the vol and page references

Comment

A team effort as usual! Glad to have helped.

Comment

Working...
                                  X