FTM Crashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Crashed

I was trying to create a book in FTM and when I clicked on Preview, it started to save then a window appeared which said FTM executable has stopped working, then it shuts down. This has happened twice now and I don't know how to fix it. :(
    Has ayone else had this problem or can anyone advise what caused it?
    Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Which edition of FTM are you using and what is your operating system - XP or Vista?
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
      It is FTM16 and I have Vista on my laptop. I am just going to try to do it on the main PC which has FTM2005 and XP.
      Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

When you installed FTM on your Vista machine, did you install the extra Vista patch?
        Elaine

Comment

No, I didn't know there was one.
          I have just tried it on the main PC and it seems to have worked OK.
          Maybe I will uninstall v16 and install 2005 on my laptop.
          Thanks for your help anyway.
          Lynne

Comment

You are still going to need the Vista patch.

You will find the link here - when you download the patch make sure you install it in the folder where your FTM program is stored.

The reason why your computer crashes in Vista, when previewing books, is to do with PDF files which are created - unless you install the Vista patch you will have problems viewing these PDF files.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I will download the patch and if it works I will leave the V16 on. Otherwise, I will uninstall and install 2005.
              Thanks again for your help.
              Lynne

Comment

Lynne, even if you decide to install FTM 2005 you will still need the patch.
                Elaine

Comment

Elaine
                  I have downloaded the patch and it works fine now, thanks again.
                  Lynne

Comment

Working...
                  X