Divorce records from TNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce records from TNA

Some of you may remember a while ago I was asking about divorce records at TNA.

I got the estimate through earlier this week. £7 for 17 pages plus £2 for postage, so I have sent for those. Not sure what it will tell me, but I hope it will have a copy of their marriage certificate in.

My rellie later the married the lady whose divorce this is, and he is accused of commiting adultery with her, so again, that should be interesting to see what happened. They later divorced, so at the moment I am getting an estimate for that.

Will let you know when the records arrive.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Hopefully it will include a copy of their marriage cert, Tom - the papers I ordered some time ago included the marriage cert.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The record I requested had a marriage cert included, so cheap! lol

Fingers crossed for you ....

Comment

I've got 1 divorce file which has the couples marriage cert in. I've just found another divorce file this week & am waiting for an estimate for it.
        Jay

Comment

So it looks hopeful that a copy might be in there :D

It is annoying because I ordered her second marriage before I realised the marriage certificate might be in the divorce papers, so should have just got her second set of divorce papers (which I will get anyway) and would have saved myself some money

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Well i've received my estimate today, 23 pages for £67 :( LOL needless to say I won't be getting that estimate processed.

Tom what format have you requested your divorce file?
            Jay

Comment

Jay that seems outrageous compared to Tom's 17 pages. Did you request gold edged paper?
              Kit

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                Well i've received my estimate today, 23 pages for £67 :( LOL needless to say I won't be getting that estimate processed.

Tom what format have you requested your divorce file?
                Thats alot. I don't think I'd be ordering them at £67.

When I got some divorce papers about a month ago it cost me around £18. But I was impatient and got the first 10 pages by digital express and then got the rest as paper copies.

Comment

Tom

let us know what is included when they arrive, please.
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

does the cost include a search fee or did you know when divorce took place and it's for copies only?
                    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

You can search for divorce records online on TNA site for free, LeicestershireLass. Go onto the search and put in the name you're looking for and J77 as the reference code. They only go up to a certain date, can't remember offhand exactly what year.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                        You can search for divorce records online on TNA site for free, LeicestershireLass. Go onto the search and put in the name you're looking for and J77 as the reference code. They only go up to a certain date, can't remember offhand exactly what year.
                        thanks for this info ... a few years ago whilst trying to find divorce of one of ancestors I was advised to apply to family division to carry out a search ... it cost me £60 .... £30 for each ten-year searched ... as I didn't know when divorce had taken place - it turned out to be almost 20 years after couple split it ............. the cost did include the paperwork and was quite enlightening !

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                          You can search for divorce records online - Go onto the search and put in the name you're looking for and J77 as the reference code.
                          Not having any luck with search .... keep getting 'Could not find that reference Please try again'

so tried Smith J77 and got same response ... is there
                          a knack to finding this info?????

Comment

LL - are you on this page
                            The National Archives | the Catalogue

Click on Search the Catalogue
                            In Word or Phrase box - enter the name
                            In Dept or Series code - enter J77
                            Elaine

Comment

Oops, sorry, it's the "Department or Series Code" that you have to enter J77 for (on the Catalogue search) and you put the surname or whatever in the "word or phrase" to search for.

(snap, Elaine!)
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                LL - are you on this page
                                The National Archives | the Catalogue

Click on Search the Catalogue
                                In Word or Phrase box - enter the name
                                In Dept or Series code - enter J77
                                thanks Elaine and Kite ... got some results to trawl through now

Comment

Originally posted by Kit the Kat View Post
                                  Jay that seems outrageous compared to Tom's 17 pages. Did you request gold edged paper?
                                  I think I must of done Kit :D
                                  Jay

Comment

Thanks for giving the link for TNA, I had never bothered to search before but have now found two relatives named as co-respondents, one went on to marry the lady concerned, his 2nd wife who I already knew about.

Comment

I will let you all know when the papers arrive and what info they include.

I have requested paper copies, but had the reference and details from their site.

Comment

They haven't arrived yet

However, I did have another estimate through today for another divorce. This one is 97 pages and would cost me £43.

Think I will leave that one for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                        X