Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help me find Susannah Rees

Hi All

Could somebody please help me im struggling to find my gt gt grandmother on census.
    Her marriage certificate from 21st feb 1900 states her fathers name was Llewellyn Rees occupation Stoker at Tinplate works. Ive tried everything i can think of but cant place them together in any census.

My gt gt grandmother was called Susannah Rees born in Wales. About 1869.
    In 1901 her place of birth is listed as Llanelli, Carmarthenshire.

Any help would be appreciated as i cant seem to find a birth for her either.

I suppose you've ruled out this birth ?

Susannah Rees ~ 4Q 1874 ~ Llanelly
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

do you have details of siblings or mother please?
      Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks Rachel

Ive not fully ruled out any birth yet, trouble is there's a few to chose from that could be possibilities. I was hoping to find her in the census with her father and narrow it down a bit more. Im trying to avoid wasting money on wrong certificates, if possible i'd like to get it right first time ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
          do you have details of siblings or mother please?
          Hi Jean i have no details of siblings or mother, thats what im looking for.

Comment

Are the marriage witnesses any help?

Several of my Susannahs are Hannahs in some records.

Comment

No the Witnesses are the Grooms family which is no help what so ever.
              Ive just come across an old photo of my grandmothers which is a picture of Susannah, it says on the back died in 1952. Looking on the birth indexes it gives her as died june q 1952 in Swansea aged 75. This would give her date of birth as 1877?

Comment

Thankyou all for looking.
                I could actually hit myself right now. I have an album of photo's that i inherited off my grandmother and until now it never crossed my mind to actually take them out and look on the back. Much to me delight she had actually wrote on the back of them all with dates of birth and death and also years they were taken.
                Im so sorry to have wasted your time but thankyou very much for your help.
                Please meet the elusive Susannah

Last edited by tmelport1979; 16-05-09, 09:10. Reason: Photo

Comment

What a pleasant photograph
                  But it doesn't help to find her parents/siblings ~ no luck here
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Nice picture!

Did her age on the 1901 census match her age on her marriage cert?

Comment

Any chance your great great grandmother was a little younger. There is a Susannah Rees born in 1880 in Llanelly. In 1881 she is with her mother Annie Rees who is a Seaman's wife but her husband is not at home. In 1883 Annie marries David Morgans in Llanelly and Susannah is with them in 1891. David, her stepfather, is a Tin Works Labourer. Perhaps there is confusion on her marriage certificate between her stepfather's occupation and her father's.

Jane

Comment

Jane

That sounds interesting, do you by anychance have the census reference and i'll look into it. Its a good coincidence that the occupations match, it might be worth a try.

Thankyou

Comment

Piece: 5373; Folio: 133; Page: 43

Piece: 4495; Folio 145; Page 7

Comment

Are there any other clues in the photo album? Anyone else from her generation or before?

Who were the marriage witnesses?

Comment

No Susannah's as far back as i goes but im off to see my Aunt next week who has another two boxes full of photo's. Hopefully i may gain more clues from these.
                              Thanks all, that 1881 census looks promising as her first born child my gt grandmother was called Annie.

Comment

Working...
                              X