Google is my friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google is my friend!

I've just got very excited and had to tell someone.

I was idly googling and have found the farmhouse where my great great grandfather lived over 100 years ago is currently on the rental market - lots of wonderful photos. It's a lovely house and I'd love to be able to live there if it wasn't in such an expensive area of the country. The rent is £2,250/month - ouch.

Jane

Well done Jane. A few years ago I found a photo of Bilston market where one of my greats used to work and the house where he used to live which is now an Indian restaurant.
    If I ever get to Staffordshire I will have to eat there!!
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

It's great isn't it - If I lived a bit nearer, I'd be tempted to pretend to be interested in renting so I could go and have a good look round.

Jane

Comment

Having googled, I was reading a village website where my ancestor had lived in the 1870's. I wrote to the webmaster about something on the site and it turned out he was living in my ancestor's house! lol

Comment

I got the plans for a refurb for the cottage my ancestors were living in recently! Its always worth googling evry so often as you never know what new stuff may come up

Comment

Working...
          X