Strange goings on re the 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange goings on re the 1891

For 5 years on and off I have searched for my Gt Grandfather Daniel Brewerton on both the 1871 and 1891 census.
    I know where he was staying on the 1871 but those house numbers have been left off the page.
    Sometime ago I received the death cert of his brother who whilst living in Middlesbrough went to the Midlands to die in 1893 at Cape Hill, Smethwick. The informant was his brother Daniel.
    Now, I'm convinced that I did a search of ancestry 1891 by trawling through hundreds of pages and finding the correct address only to find someone else living there.
    To cut a long story short, on find my past I have just done an address search of 159 Cape Hill Smethwick and lo, as they say, there was Daniel Breverton.
    The number is RG12/2363 30 4
    However I cannot get this to show on ancestry neither does Daniel or any of his family members show up.
    I have paid 6 credits for this and know I will get no more info but would like to find it on ancestry.
    Any thoughts?
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Go the 1891 census search page.

Scroll down towards bottom of page and select Staffordshire
    Select Harborne
    Click on District 16

As you click through the pages you will see it starts at page 1, then page 2 and then page 5. You need page 4! :(
    Elaine

Comment

Many thanks for that information Elaine. I have got the image from FMP.
      Do you think that if I contact ancestry they will refund me some money:D
      If it's to be, it's up to me.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

I am sure it´s worth trying! :D:D ;)
        Elaine

Comment

Working...
        X