Ancestry archive project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry archive project

Has any one signed up for this project yet or likely to? I just been looking at it and it looks ok but was wondering if anyone had transcribed any records yet and how easy was it?
    They give you a discount off your sub if you do mind you I doubt if I will get one as they gave me 20% already.
    GWEN

Yes, I registered for it quite a while ago now, Gwen. There are all different kinds of records so you can pick how easy or difficult you want them to be, but most of them are USA with usually only one or two British databases on the go at one time.

If your computer is a Vista one then I should warn you that you may have trouble whenever there is a new release of the software that you have to use for keying the records. It usually seems to go o.k. if you're on Windows XP, though.

As for the sub discount, I keep seeing people mention it on here but I still don't know if it's true!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Found this on their message boards from last November:"...We appreciate your feedback and participation in the World Archives Project beta test. Active World Archives Project contributors can currently get 10% off an annual US or UK membership renewal and 15% off a World Deluxe membership renewal. Active contributors coming up for renewal can call Member Services a 1-800-262-3787 to get the discount...""You only need to do 900 records in 90 days to qualify for the Ancestry.com advantages."

It looks as though you have to do 900 in 90 days ... I had better get a move on. :D :D

I have just had to update the keying tool and it is fine - I am on Vista.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Yes, Caroline, the last update went o.k. for me on my Vista computer too, but the last few before that caused lots of problems for quite a few Vista users so I thought it worth mentioning.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Wouldn't want to put people off if they thought they would have problems !! :D
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

On the other hand, I would hate to get the blame for encouraging someone and then finding that they have endless keying tool problems because of Vista!
            KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
            X