Anybody got FMP sub please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got FMP sub please?

Can anybody help me out with 2 census pages please?

I have ancestry and the copies are very hard to read, hoping those on FMP might have copied better.

1891 RG12; Piece: 3925; Folio 70; Page 7; GSU roll: 6099035. What is M E GURNALL's place of origin? It's something Mills, Yorkshire

1871 RG10; Piece: 4780; Folio: 15; Page: 23; GSU roll: 847340. The same woman Elizabeth GORNALL. Her place of origin again please.

In 1891 ancestry has transcribed Smithy Mills and in 1871 Emily Mill. I can't find any places on Google or GENUKI to fit.

Could it be Scalby Mills? (It is listed on GENUKI so at least it exists!)
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Or could be Smithies Mill also known as Smithy Mill, Royston.
      KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks Kiterunner, I think the Royston one could be it as in another census she has put Barnsley. I've tried Google Maps as Genuki seems to be down at the minute but I'll try again in a wee while.

Were your images any better than the ones on ancestry?

Comment

I was looking at the ancestry one, I forgot to say.
          KiteRunner

Comment

Hi, I had a look on FMP but they were worse than Ancestry. It looks as if they both say Smithy Mills, the 1871 says Lancashire, 1891 says Yorks.
            Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

As the image was so poor on FMP I reported it and have just received a reply from them, very quick!

They say that the original document was not of good quality but because of this they are designating it as free to view, so if you want to look at theirs you should now be able to, at no cost
              Last edited by Tree genie; 15-05-09, 15:18.
              Janet ;)

Researching - Curr, Woolven, Beeden, Haslett, Shurey, Barton, Slade & Harding.

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks Janet, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                X