Can anyone kindly find Drucilla? please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone kindly find Drucilla? please

Drucilla ( nee Brock ) Mathias was born in 1852,in Bradford,Holsworthy,Devon. She married in 1881 and I found her on all the census' inc: 1911, her husband Edward Mathias emigrated to Canada in 1906 and his family did not go with him, (they had 11 children). He died in Canada. I can't find a death fror Drucilla Mathias could some kind soul have a bit of a look for me,maybe I missed something. Thanks.

sunny rosy

I can't see an entry on FreeBMD, so you would need to search the full GRO indexes. If you have a look at the FreeBMD coverage charts you will see that whilst coverage is quite good from 1911-1929 there are still lots of quarters that are not complete and after 1929 coverage is poor.

Comment

Thanks Merry will do, I couldn't even find a death at the RO in Exeter. I might go out and have another look. So annoying, I was doing look-ups for Zipperump, found quite a lot of info for her except the death.

sunny rosy

Comment

LOL I wonder if I was looking for her under maiden name in deaths, I was getting a bit bog eyed.

sunny

Comment

Been out and had another try, looked in 8 parishes in the area, not a sniff of a Mathias at all.

sunny

Comment

Do you have any idea of what happened to the 11 children? My Devon people at that period were all getting out of Devon as fast as they could (mostly to Canada!)

As she got older, Drucilla may have gone to live with children and possibly emigrated herself.
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Hi Phoenix. I am beginning to think that maybe she did go, but not to her husband, maybe with a son or daughter, on the 1911 she was 59 and her eldest child was married and had a child and resided with her, plus two of her youngest children. Ziperrump (Deb) may be able to find them in Canada.She hasn't responded to my other info yet, it's a bit soon.

sunny rosy

Comment

Have you tried using wildcards? - I've often seen that first name spelled with S, not C.

Similarly, MAT(T)HIAS - can be spelled either way.

Christine
                Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-05-09, 16:54.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine. I have tried all sorts, to no avail, I trawled through 8 parishes (around the area she was born/lived) at the RO but found no -one by that name or diff: spellings in death records. She definately didn't go to Canada I have been told by her descendant, word was she lived with another man after her hubby left. I think now she may have changed her name , she didn't have a second Christian name ,so didn't have that to fall back on. However i am not deterred i will go on looking. Thanks for your reply.

sunny

Comment

Working...
                  X