Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost auto complete in Word 2003

I think that is what it is called.

When I write in a month ie September I get te option to accept the word half way through. I had added lots of my own words as I write up reports etc and it saved me time typing the same phrase over and over. Problem is I cannot remember where it is hidden. It still works for monthe of the year etc but not my personal imput.

Help Please
    Jennie
    Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

easy to find by typing "autocomplete" in the Type a question for help box at the top right of the screen in Word:

On the Insert menu, point to AutoText, and then click AutoText.
    Select or clear the Show AutoComplete suggestions check box.

Last edited by Cloggie; 14-05-09, 09:38.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks for that Sarah. I have done that

I am wondering if it is because all my former autocompletes were saved as century gothic and I have been using Arial. When I try to add something it is already there but won't autocomplete on my present document.
      Perhaps I'll just have to go back to C Gothic-I wanted a change though to add interest.

Will have another fiddle when I have a bit of spare time.
      Jennie
      Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Comment

I wouldn't have thought changing the font would matter, but I hardly ever use autocomplete so don't know how to solve your issue.

Do you have the "Show Auto Complete suggestions" box ticked?
        I notice you can also choose from different templates next to "Look in". I wonder if changing the template would help?
        Mine is set to "All active templates", but I have the option of changing it to "Normal (global template)".
        Last edited by Cloggie; 14-05-09, 10:49.
        Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X