Microphone problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphone problem

For some unknown reason when using Skype I can hear the other persons voice but they cannot hear me,this has only just started happening and has been fine up until now. I have done all the usual checks ie mute buttons and volume controls set correctly.I have done a test call on Skype and a message comes up saying Microphone sound is quiet the other person may not hear you,also when doing this test I cannot hear my own voice message repeated.
    My pc is a laptop, HP Compaq nx9010 and I am using a labtec Mic that plugs into the mic socket on the side of the pc with a single jack and use speakers rather than headphones.
    I have tried also with a spare mic and headphone set but still no luck with the mic although the headphones work fine.
    Can anyone suggest anything else,I am suspecting it may be a fault on my sound driver card??
    Thanks

I had this and it was the mike attached to the earphones wasnt turned up !!!

Comment

Pmsl; Yes, well Val what can I say.Well quite a lot actually but I daren't :p;)

Comment

Do you think they might be trying to tell you something and switched you off. :D:p

Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
          Do you think they might be trying to tell you something and switched you off. :D:p

That does not even warrant a reply :p

Comment

have you sorted it yet ???

Comment

well no,I have had no sensible answers yet pmsl :p

Comment

oh really !! wonder why ??????
                Microphone Problem Solving at FixYa try this site

Comment

Labtec Mic(dont work)??

or this

Comment

Thanks for the links Val but I still have the problem.May get a new mic with a usb connection instead of the one with a jack plug and see if that works.:o

Comment

ah you have a jack plug ??????????didnt realise that
                      I got a really good headphone set from amazon for about £7 try them

Comment

I didn't even know it was possible to plug headphones into the computer 'til a few weeks ago

I mean, there are no 'sticky out bits' and I never look at the back of it ... can't reach anyway
                        Last edited by Rachel Scand; 14-05-09, 10:59.
                        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Ok am sorted,I purchased a webcam with a built in mic that uses a USB port,everything is ok now.
                          Thanks for all the assistance. ;)

Comment

hope you remember to comb your hair before you turn it on ???????????
                            does that mean you have a webcam then Rachel ????? or headphones and a mike ??

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              hope you remember to comb your hair before you turn it on ???????????
                              does that mean you have a webcam then Rachel ????? or headphones and a mike ??

No :(

I have some headphones from an old Walkman
                              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

oh shame was going to chat on skype

Comment

Mmmmm that reminds me ~ OH has some speakers somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                  X