Jpeg creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jpeg creation

I want to design my own jpegs / icons for service history - i.e army / navy / air force and ww1 / ww2 as I cant find any suitable icons for these for use on FH, but have no idea where to start. Anyone already have any, or help can help me design my own?

Thank you.

Have you tried googling? There are loads of images you could use.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy,
      I have yes.
      All I seem to find are images that dont translate well into icons, once they are strunk down to the right size just look very messy.

Comment

Couple of programs here for you to make your own.

Icon Editors Download
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

When you say you want to design your own icons do you mean something that sits on your desktop, that you click like the other icons available on your desktop (e.g. like icons for Internet Explorer, Email, Picasa, OO, etc, etc)?

or

are you wanting to create jpegs that you can insert into documents or use for your avatar, etc, etc?

I created my avatar and other characters (have a look at my Wiki page if you want to see a few, click on the link in my signature) by putting together various shapes and colours.

Do you have any examples that you can show us or direct us to of the sort of thing that you want so that, if possible and if time allows, someone could have a go at creating a jpeg or something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenMG View Post
            I want to design my own jpegs / icons for service history - i.e army / navy / air force and ww1 / ww2 as I cant find any suitable icons for these for use on FH, but have no idea where to start. Anyone already have any, or help can help me design my own?

Thank you.
            Have you tried adapting the blank label or one of the other downloadable ready made ones from FHUG ?
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Falco Software Company. Free Icon Editor(Icon Maker) Download. Best Icon Editor(Icon Maker). Image to Icon Editor. 3D OpenGL Chess. Chemical Molecule Editor(Modelling).

It took a while to find one that would work with Vista, but this one seems to do the job!

ftf.bmp

1918.bmp

Hope Jane doesn't mind the adaptation of her icon.
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
              X