Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry UK

Hi folk's,

Want to renew my membership on Ancestry.co.uk. Can I get it any cheaper than with the 20% off they're offering me.

Thanks Shirley

They offered you 20% off!!??

Didn't offer me anything!

Comment

For several days my tree has been unavailable due to maintenance. I will cancel my membership very soon. The tree software is very poor even when it is available.

Comment

If you have been offered a 20% discount then you are one of the lucky ones.
        I doubt if you will find anything cheaper at the moment.
        Elaine

Comment

You could do it through Quidco - The web's cashback cooperative
          Joy

Comment

If you have clubcard points you can get six months Ancestry Essential Subscription for £15 if you buy Family Tree Maker 2009 Premium with them.

Regards
            Jill

Comment

If you ring up, they might give you a better offer than the basic, but I think 20% is about the max - did they offer you an extra (free) month?

You also get a (10%? 15%?) discount automatically if you involve yourself in their World Archives project - but that doesn't work if you're on a Mac, because the software isn't compatible.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Not sure whether that's correct, Christine (the bit about the WAP discount), but I suppose I'll find out when my sub is next due for renewal.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The 20% was a come back carrot a few month's after my membership expired. That's the £107.40 down to £85.92 Premium.

Comment

Originally posted by nigele2 View Post
                    The tree software is very poor even when it is available.
                    I actually quite like the layout of the software, it makes scan reading a person's details quite easy I think, compared to others I have looked at. The only thing I would say is that it is very slow page loading.

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                      Not sure whether that's correct, Christine (the bit about the WAP discount), but I suppose I'll find out when my sub is next due for renewal.
                      That's what I was told when I was renewing last time - after I'd complained about having to pay so much when I had submitted hundreds (I know it's hundred's because I checked!) of corrections to improve their commercial site for which I've paid a sub. The young woman said that, if I were interested in transcribing, I could take part in the WAP and would get an automatic discount at next renewal for doing so.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks folk's. Might wait & see if prices come down because of the credit crunch. Or get a job as an M.P

Comment

Does anyone know how you access a complete list of the Ancestry packages available and their prices? A contact has a .com membership and is wondering if a .uk one would be cheaper now but neither of us can find a full price list!
                          Sue

Comment

What you need to do is to go to Genealogy and Family History Records - Ancestry.co.uk - but make sure you are logged out. You should then see a subscribe link at the top right of the page - click on that and it should give you the prices and payment options.
                            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - will give that try!
                              Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X