Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal pages

Well that's new

- just had a first edition of their bi-weekly email where it listed my recent activity on my tree and they also told me of "two names in your tree that appear in other trees on tribal pages".

There's an option to contact the other people

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Is yours a free site or a paid one JBee?, just wondering if we will all get the email.

Comment

I've just been offered my next subscription for 20% off , a good deal I reckon.

Comment

Oh I've not had one, goes off in a huff :D
        JBee did you know if you look on your edit page it tells you how many families you connect too that have trees on TP. If you click on that link it then shows all the tree names and you can check the names that match and contact the owners.

I should have said not all names are good matches, depends how much info you have re birth and death.
        There's one tree that has 1 matched name to my tree and beside the name it says "from Robert the Bruce to Judy Garland" Now there's a connection :D
        and another with some definate matches that had 15842 names with "The earliest recorded event is the birth of House, Melissa in 0198." Mmm think I'll pass on that one too :D
        Last edited by Durham Lady; 12-05-09, 21:41.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I have 3 working trees on TP but only that one is a paid one.

I think they are all private trees too - well that one is I know.

Thanks for the tip about possible matches.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Hi J Bee,
            Have you chosen invitation only for the site you received the e-mail?
            I am still on access code but thinking of changing.
            If it's to be, it's up to me.
            Searching for:
            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

[QUOTE=geordiegirl;1686889]There's one tree that has 1 matched name to my tree and beside the name it says "from Robert the Bruce to Judy Garland" Now there's a connection

That man has my whole family in his tree I contacted him when I was on GR and let him view my tree next thing I know he knicked all my tree I did complain to GR but he still uses it on Tribal pages

Comment

I havent used tribal pages for a long time. I have a small tree on there but never seem to have any connections from that site. A few people have signed my guest book but I have never paid to use that site.

Comment

I can't make head or tail of it!

Folk on here convinced me it would be the easiest way for my niece in NZ to see our tree, so after a couple of false starts I transfered a Gedcom into a TP account. Now I have no idea how to add to it or make changes, think I may just have to upload another Gedcom when I have enough changes or additions.
                  Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Well you're better than me - I haven't a clue about Gedcoms - I did manage to download a gedcom from GR once using PAF but haven't managed it since.

so use Tribal Pages as my working model - editing where necessary and giving access code where appropriate.

only I edit so that's not a problem.

I really like using Tribal pages and have different 3 trees on there (I like to keep them separate) but only one which I pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                      I can't make head or tail of it!

Folk on here convinced me it would be the easiest way for my niece in NZ to see our tree, so after a couple of false starts I transfered a Gedcom into a TP account. Now I have no idea how to add to it or make changes, think I may just have to upload another Gedcom when I have enough changes or additions.

Viv

That's the way I do it, jusr upload another gedcom, it overwrites the old one anyway.

Comment

Ohhh Val, if we both have family in his tree we must be related :D:D

Vivienne, it's easy to add and change on TP, just go into edit and key in your password, it will be a different one to getting onto the site, if you've forgotten what you set when you built your site you can request it.
                        When you are in the edit main page go to add new, it's along the top bar, then go on from there.
                        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
                          ...and another with some definate matches that had 15842 names with "The earliest recorded event is the birth of House, Melissa in 0198." Mmm think I'll pass on that one too :D
                          It makes you wonder if the tree-holder were dyscalculic/dyslexic and it ought to say 1980 (which would immediately render it not the earliest, one suspects!).

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                          X